Irishman Donal Eoin Creagh Dies at Sara Ethiopian Restaurant on Street 172 in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Irishman Donal Eoin Creagh Dies at Sara Ethiopian Restaurant on Street 172 in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Phnom Penh, Cambodia: 18 May 2017. Donal Eion Creagh,aged 40, died very suddenly at 3:30pm today, not long after entering Sara Ethiopian Restaurant on St 172, Phnom Penh. It is reported that he was seated in the restaurant and fell to the floor while drinking a glass of tea. Staff tried to come to his aid but he was already dead.

IMAGES OF THE DECEASED:
Spoiler:

There is also a video of people trying to revive Donal Eoin Creagh with CPR/mouth-to-mouth, which ultimately failed.

[YouTube]Dfu4fVuEDis[/YouTube]

Nokorwat News

Sara Ethiopian restaurant ,St 172 in Phnom Penh, Cambodia.

RIP
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Irishman,Donal Creagh,dies suddenly in Ethiopian restaurant St 172

Post by General Mackevili »

Updated the article with a video of Good Samaritans trying to save him, with probably the lamest CPR and mouth-to-mouth moves I've seen. Good on them for trying, but damn, that's hard to watch. At one point the dude in the Superman shirt seems to be trying to get him breathing with little bangs with one hand. WTF?

[YouTube]Dfu4fVuEDis[/YouTube]

And who are these rubber-neckers hanging out on Street 172? :stir:

"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Francois_C
Tourist

Post by Francois_C »

General Mackevili wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 1:54 pm Good Samaritans trying to save him, with probably the lamest CPR and mouth-to-mouth moves I've seen. Good on them for trying, but damn, that's hard to watch. At one point the dude in the Superman shirt seems to be trying to get him breathing with little bangs with one hand. WTF?
You are talking about my friend, Steven Herve.
He was traumatized because the dude died in his arms. Moreover, the guy was full of glanders so yes, it may explains the distance taken by Steven.

But at least, Steven is not like those so-told humans who are vultures just wanted to get their exclusive picture instead of calling an ambulance.
Not like those "normal" creeps with morbid fascination, looking for people dying slowly.
In the end, this world is so corrupted that the only one who tried, with his hearth and his humanity, is the one blamed.
And the "normal" guys, doing nothing are quickly forgotten / forgiven.
If Steven sees your garbage message, man, this would be bad for you... And I would be sincerely the first one to laugh at you.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Francois_C wrote:
General Mackevili wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 1:54 pm Good Samaritans trying to save him, with probably the lamest CPR and mouth-to-mouth moves I've seen. Good on them for trying, but damn, that's hard to watch. At one point the dude in the Superman shirt seems to be trying to get him breathing with little bangs with one hand. WTF?
He was traumatized because the dude died in his arms. Moreover, the guy was full of glanders so yes, it may explains the distance taken by Steven.

But at least, Steven is not like those so-told humans who are vultures just wanted to get their exclusive picture instead of calling an ambulance.
Not like those "normal" creeps with morbid fascination, looking for people dying slowly.
In the end, this world is so corrupted that the only one who tried, with his hearth and his humanity, is the one blamed.
If Steven sees your garbage message, man, this would be bad for you... And I would be sincerely the first one to laugh at you.
So you're saying Steven Herve will kick my ass or something if he reads that I think he's shit at CPR?

I think it's clear from my post that I think he did the right thing, but if you're right about him wanting to kick someone's ass over saying he sucks at CPR on the internet, then maybe he's not such a good Samaritan like I thought after all.

Are the dudes I labeled rubber-neckers gonna be pissed off too? Shit. Can't call someone a good Samaritan. Can't call someone a rubber-necker.

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Francois_C wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 4:00 pm

As a retired-but-qualified Senior Ambulance Officer with St. John Australia I agree with GenMack's assessment of the resuscitation attempt - great that you love your mate Steve, and absolute kudos for him to attempt to save a life, but your reaction here is a tad over the top for what was actually posted. Issuing threats on behalf of your mate is a bit comical, to be honest.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

General Mackevili wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 4:39 pmCan't call someone a good Samaritan. Can't call someone a rubber-necker.
You can call me Sweetie if you want to, but I ain't necking with you.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

StroppyChops wrote:
General Mackevili wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 4:39 pmCan't call someone a good Samaritan. Can't call someone a rubber-necker.
You can call me Sweetie if you want to, but I ain't necking with you.
Haha, spellchecker didn't like "rubber necker" so maybe I have to stop calling anyone that. Image

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: Irishman Donal Eoin Creagh Dies at Sara Ethiopian Restaurant on Street 172 in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by Anchor Moy »

No question that Steven did the right thing in trying to assist. I think it takes guts to intervene when you are not qualified or experienced in giving CPR, but you just do what you can because no one else is going to do it. Better be a bit lame than do nothing. And it must be horrific to have someone die on you like that while people stand around rubber necking and taking photos for Facebook.

I suspect most of us would be pretty lousy at CPR in an emergency situation despite the fact that we live in a country where you need to be self-reliant.I admit that I don't even know what number to call for an ambulance. That's lame.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Irishman Donal Eoin Creagh Dies at Sara Ethiopian Restaurant on Street 172 in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

According to posts on CEO's Facebook page, he was down on his luck, homeless and nice.

"How sad, this guy had been down on his luck for a while, homeless and losing weight. His story was his money stolen and since then just hanging around. People helped him out a bit with food snd drink but alas he was on his own in many ways. RIP.

He was very gaunt and drawn. obviously poorly nutritioned and suffering from famine. I believe his heart just shut down.

So sad. Saw him a month ago, bought him some chips. Was a nice chap.

He was a good chap.
"

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Anchor Moy wrote:
I suspect most of us would be pretty lousy at CPR in an emergency situation despite the fact that we live in a country where you need to be self-reliant.I admit that I don't even know what number to call for an ambulance. That's lame.
Yep. I wouldn't even attempt CPR on someone.

I have this in my phone as "Phnom Penh Police":

+855 97 778 0002

Wonder if it works.

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic