New policing plan in Sihanoukville.

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

New policing plan in Sihanoukville.

Post by OrangeDragon »

Seems the changes the governor has promised are already going into action:
Nop Sambo wrote: This is an activity of Sihanoukville police, Who preparation to prevent over 24 hours to 24 hours security in Sihanoukville
Any problems help, please contact to Sihanoukville police station hotline. 097 77 80008. Immigration police Sihanoukville hotline.093 666 261
HotRecruiter
Expatriate

Re: New policing plan in Sihanoukville.

Post by HotRecruiter »

This is about the crime situation in SHK? They going to work rainy days, nights, and (the slave drivers!!) RAINY NIGHTS too?!

Cambodians + Police = Laughable! :)
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

Yeah, currently there's a LOT of pressure on them to clean things up. Both from the embassies and from Phnom Penh officials who've been coming and touring it and complaining about things. Likely to see some chances soon... they're even "considering" some barang tourists police like Thailand has.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

OrangeDragon wrote: Image
The fact that some are wearing "riot gear" makes me think it's all still for show and nothing else.

I guess we'll see. Sure, we can expect 1 or 2 local thugs to be marched in front of the media over the next week, but nothing's really going to be done.

I know a friend who got blatantly robbed at a guesthouse, went around and around looking for a police officer to come to the guesthouse with him and he got all sorts of excuses.

First, all the tourist police stations were closed, or claimed they were on "break", and he never was able to find a police officer to even listen.

He's well traveled, young and not crazy looking. The police there are just worthless.

OD: Any update on that run in with the police that you posted about a few months ago?
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Without a chainsaw, there is no way they can stop those trees.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Barang_doa_slae
The Dark Horse
Cambodia

Post by Barang_doa_slae »

there have been some noticeable changes already:

1. A new deputy commissioner of immigration for SHV has been appointed.
2. A great job was done at refurbishing his office.

:lol:
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

Looking at that bunch my immediate reaction was Police Academy the movie. I like the way they are hiding the little fat ones at the back ( 3 in from the left ).
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

Heard a rumor today that the head honchos were in uniform down at the beach talking to bar owners and handing out papers of some sort. As usual there will be probably be a show of a couple bars closing (for a while until a fee is paid) a couple minor thugs marched around for the press and that's it. No police patrols, the real gangs/thugs left alone to pillage the tourists and the usual sleeping guards everywhere.

Pattaya got smart and instituted the Tourist Police that speak English and are mostly there to protect tourists. This will happen in Snooky. Right, about the time pigs sprout wings shoot flames out their butts and fly!

Its all about lazy police and it starts at the top. You set a good example for your troopers and they follow, you set a corrupt/lazy example (like what is happening at the moment) and they will be lazy/corrupt. Look at the crazy drivers/traffic. Diligent police wouldn't let any of that happen. Lazy, Lazy, Lazy. Pay them a decent wage and have quarterly evaluations by their superiors. But who's going to evaluate the superiors, and that's the problem, no accountability.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic