Cambodia Business visa options in 2021?

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
senechal
Tourist
Thailand

Cambodia Business visa options in 2021?

Post by senechal »

Question for the forum:

I'm looking for a business visa to work on a solo web development project for about a year.

I currently run my own online project with a decent, but not lavish monthly revenue.

I've been weighing business visa options next door in Thailand through business-services firms that charge a monthly fee. (These services basically make you an employee in their firm, and you pay them a monthly fee plus the required Thai taxes on a minimum monthly income level determined by the Thai government). They also help with the paperwork/invitations required for Covid restrictions at this time.

Are there similar services in Cambodia? I've done a few searches, but I seem to find nothing but the standard tourist-oriented visa shops.

I'm looking to park myself somewhere in Southeast Asia and work on development for the next year or so. Any options in the Covid era?

Thanks in advance.

Senechal
Pintheshower
Tourist
Canada

Re: Business visa options in 2021?

Post by Pintheshower »

I'm not sure from your post if you are already in thailand or not.

If you are not, you can get a 60 day tourist visa, that is extendable for 30 days and I believe they are also giving additional 60 day COVID extensions. That would be five months total. With luck Cambodia will open up by then.

You'd have to quarantine for 15 days in Thailand.

Good luck.
senechal
Tourist
Thailand

Post by senechal »

Thanks, I'm not asking about Thailand visas. Maybe I was unclear. I have good business visa options in Thailand as stated above.

I'm exploring whether or not similar "business visa options in 2021" exist in Cambodia.

I'm asking about a specific kind of visa service similar to the ones they have in Thailand which assists with company invites, etc. The kinds of corporate services that handle taxes, salary pay-thru, business visa and everything else.
emm
Expatriate
Austria

Post by emm »

Normally a piece of Cake. BUT.... this is Pandemic Time and you would have to get here first. There are some hurdles to get here like a 14 days quarantine, a negative Covid Test no older than 72 hrs from you departure location, a 2000 usd deposit in Cambodia should you get sick, pay for the quaraantine hotel and food which in total adds up quite a bit of cash.
Once you passed all this you apply for a Business Visa, Work Permit and Business Registration, At the end you will have to pay income Tax and therefore have to keep tracks / tabs of your income.

This forum is a treasure trove for people like you so just give it a bit of time and you'll get all the info you need.

good luck
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

senechal wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:53 am Thanks, I'm not asking about Thailand visas. Maybe I was unclear. I have good business visa options in Thailand as stated above.

I'm exploring whether or not similar "business visa options in 2021" exist in Cambodia.

I'm asking about a specific kind of visa service similar to the ones they have in Thailand which assists with company invites, etc. The kinds of corporate services that handle taxes, salary pay-thru, business visa and everything else.
You need employment before you come here. That means an official letter from a Cambodian registered company, including their tax and registration details stating that you have a job with them. Plus medical insurance which can be bought from Forte Insurance, Cambodia.

Once you haver this you can apply, to the Cambodian Embassy in the country you are currently living in, for an ordinary visa (commonly referred to as a business visa) which is valid for 3 months from issue and thereafter 30 days after arrival.

Then, when you get here and do your 14 day quarantine and get released, you can then apply for a 1 year extension which is a relatively simple process.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

senechal wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:15 am Qin Thailand through business-services firms that charge a monthly fee. (These services basically make you an employee in their firm, and you pay them a monthly fee plus the required Thai taxes on a minimum monthly income level determined by the Thai government). They also help with the paperwork/invitations required for Covid restrictions at this time.
Interesting. I didn't know Thailand had a set up like this.

I'm sure agents in Cambodia will eventually have something like this, to take advantage of digital nomads and such.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Brody wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:18 am
senechal wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:15 am Qin Thailand through business-services firms that charge a monthly fee. (These services basically make you an employee in their firm, and you pay them a monthly fee plus the required Thai taxes on a minimum monthly income level determined by the Thai government). They also help with the paperwork/invitations required for Covid restrictions at this time.

I'm sure agents in Cambodia will eventually have something like this, to take advantage of digital nomads and such.
It does sound like a grubby little scheme to circumvent the rules, as long as you are paying off enough people in the process plus the taxes. It is clearly a bogus arrangement.

While Thailand still has a reputation, of sorts, as a foreigner friendly place that you can stay in on a long term basis, they need to come up with a simple, reasonable and transparent visa system. Cambodia is a paradise in comparison.

Another concern is if one of these 'schemes' suddenly falls out of favour with the powers that be and they have a crackdown and then - more worryingly - a round up of people covered by it.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

fyi;
whomever ur talking to in Thailand is trying to scam you, these services take advantage of those who are to lazy to do their own footwork.

Even now, its not difficult to enter thailand, ( just costly) and do all you mention on ur own . You do not need any initiation letter, like Cambodia, to enter
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Brody wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:18 am

Didn't we have a fairly simple self-employed category, covering such people?

They are missing a trick here. A $500 a year visa, plus $100 a month flat income tax payment - no accounts needed - would attract a decent group of people. Cut out all the agents and dodgy paperwork, all the anxiety of being caught up with, and keep all the money in the governments coffers.

People will happily pay for a legitimate government scheme without any involvement of dodgy agents. There are plenty of people in Thailand and Vietnam looking for a more hassle free place to hang out.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

phuketrichard wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:39 am and do all you mention on ur own . You do not need any initiation letter,
Can anyone translate phuketrichardese to English for me?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic