Girl Gored By Water Buffalo

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

On 10 September 2016, his excellency Tom Saravuth, the head of Cambodian youth federation in Svay Teap district when to visit the 10 years old girl who was seriously injured after she was gored by water buffalo in Korkisom commune. The girl is currently being hospitalized in the provincial hospital and he sponsored her 200000 riel.

#Attention, Spoiler contains graphic pictures.
Spoiler:

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Re: Girl Gored By Water Buffalo

Post by hanno »

I have hell of a lot of respect when coming across water buffalo. Placid beasts most of the time but it is half a ton of muscle and horns.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

yeah big beasts!
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Retardedwaitress
Expatriate

Post by Retardedwaitress »

Water buffalo now faces lynching from villages
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Do not mess with the water buffalo:
Especially when they have calves with them.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Wow, hopefully the girl fully recovers. I wonder what happened and why he was startled. They're the most passive beasts ever. Just today I rode past a herd of them (around 20) on a tight single track. Had to let them past, then realized the track was impassable so I had to past them from behind and they were for the most part unfazed. Cows on the other hand are quite dangerous. They spook quite easily (running, cycling, motorbikes). I've been chased on numerous occasions and it's always a bit scary as they can be unpredictable and either run towards you, jump in front of you, chase you... Water buffalo though are always calm and just stare are you no matter how loud your exhaust is or how close/far you are to them.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

My dad has a lot of water buffalo. I used to ride them around when I was young. I have to agree with people that water buffalo is a really calm beast. I has never have problem with them. However, it can go crazy sometime too especially those who just give birth. They would do anything to protect their newborn calf. I beg my father to sell all over water buffalo as we don't have anyone to take care them. So far, we have to hire someone to look after them.
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic