33 Years Old, Woss Michael, Austrian Died at Curry Bar Guesthouse

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Phnom Penh: Staff at Curry Bar found the body of Mr. Woss Michael, 33 years old, an Austrian tourist at around 11:30 am on 05 December 2016 inside the guesthouse’s room located in Chey Chumnas commune, Daun Penh district, Phnom Penh.

He was found dead when the staff unlocked in his room and went to shake him as he wasn’t seen coming down to have meal as usual.

Police said, the man died from heart attack from overtaking morphine. Currently, his body is being kept at Khmer-Soviet hospital waiting for his relative to bring it back to his home country.

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Rama
Expatriate

Re: 33 Years Old, Woss Michael, Austrian Died at Curry Bar Guesthouse

Post by Rama »

Koh Santepheap article shows his drugs:

Curry Bay, House Number 182, Street 172? Didn't that used to be Suomi Bar?
rick_o'shea
Expatriate

Post by rick_o'shea »

I think Sony Side Up used to be Suomi?
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Anyone know what is in the bottles ?
He's got a hell of a lot of syringes. Could he have been on medication ?
I know they say it was opiates. That's why it would be good to have an idea of what could be in those bottles.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

It could be any sort of injectable pharmaceutical, Morphine, Ketamine, Vitamin B12, the pictures aren't clear enough to tell easily.
He's got a hell of a lot of syringes.

Sure is, the two on the right are diabetic type syringes, for intramuscular injections like Insulin. The others are intravenous and all look used. :shock:
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

John Bingham wrote:It could be any sort of injectable pharmaceutical, Morphine, Ketamine, Vitamin B12, the pictures aren't clear enough to tell easily.

Sure is, the two on the right are diabetic type syringes, for intramuscular injections like Insulin. The others are intravenous and all look used. :shock:

No , that's not a hell of a lot of syringes. Any idiot knows that it's just as easy to by ten as it is to buy one. Even I buy them ten at a time . And yes my injections are prescribed by my oz doctor.

I don't know why questions are not being asked about the cigarette lighters . Is there something illegal about them ?
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
OKW
Expatriate
Angola

Post by OKW »

Duncan wrote:
John Bingham wrote:It could be any sort of injectable pharmaceutical, Morphine, Ketamine, Vitamin B12, the pictures aren't clear enough to tell easily.

No , that's not a hell of a lot of syringes. Any idiot knows that it's just as easy to by ten as it is to buy one. Even I buy them ten at a time . And yes my injections are prescribed by my oz doctor.

I don't know why questions are not being asked about the cigarette lighters . Is there something illegal about them ?
..probably yes, for what they are used...
Bertros
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Bertros »

[quote=]

..probably yes, for what they are used...[/quote]

to heat things up and start fires one would assume.

am I missing something?

cheers

Bertros :hattip:
A taste of the bait is worth the pain of the hook.....
Raybull
Expatriate

Post by Raybull »

Whatever it may be, this guy was most likely mixing too many meds, legal or not.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Duncan wrote:
Those are heroin lighters.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic