Foreigner Had Her Bag Which Had 600 Dollar in it Snatched

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Foreigner Had Her Bag Which Had 600 Dollar in it Snatched

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Foreigner had her bag which had 600 dollar in it snatched

Phnom Penh: According to Kampuchea Thmey, 3 snatchers snatched the bag from a foreigner who was walking with two other foreigners (1 male). They successfully snatched the bag and fled the scene. It happened around 9:50 on 05 October 2015 located at the back of Sisowat high school along street 51 corner of street 184, Phsar Thmey III, Daun Penh district.

According to source from the scene, before it happened, the victim was walking with two other foreigners. They were walking along street 184 in the direction from the west to east. Then there were two people on a motorbike drove closer to them and snatched the bag and fled.

Engrish:
Spoiler:
Hall: 2 gang act snatch bags from foreign women who are walking 3 (a boy) decided to escape and disappear at about 9 and 50 pm on Oct. 5, 2015, at the rear Sisowath High Street 51 and Road 184 in the new shopping district 3 Daun.

Sources from the scene, said that before the incident, they saw the victim is a foreigner 3 man 2 French people walking along Route 184 in the direction from West to East, while the thing happened so suddenly 2 suspects riding a motorcycle 2 units do not remember the brand behind and ride acting carbohydrate shock The victim decided to escape quietly safety.

Lighting victims told police said the bag, which has lost money of more than $ 600. After the scene, the victim went to filed a complaint at the police headquarters 3 to make it easier to determine jurisdiction before the signal reaches the arrest team Those suspects liable to legal.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Re: Foreigner Had Her Bag Which Had 600 Dollar in it Snatche

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Well, she created hope for those robbers, that's for sure.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Those ''snatchers'' should have been where I was this morning. Standing in line at the checkout at Bayon S/market,, the overweight Cambodian lady in front of me opens her hand bag and pulls out a plastic bag which is full of wads of $100 notes. Let me take a guess and say $100,000.

Where can I learn to be a '' snatcher ''.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Duncan wrote:Those ''snatchers'' should have been where I was this morning. Standing in line at the checkout at Bayon S/market,, the overweight Cambodian lady in front of me opens her hand bag and pulls out a plastic bag which is full of wads of $100 notes. Let me take a guess and say $100,000.

Sorry to say this, but I think she would have knocked you down with her handbag and then sat on you for a KO. You would not have had time to flee. You probably would have been squashed to death, if you weren't already beaten to death by the other customers.
This is not a job with a bright future. Take up demining. Just my 2c. :hattip:
obelisks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by obelisks »

I haven’t been to Phnom Penh for 2 to 3 years but I am coming next week and I’m noticing on this and other sites what seems to be a huge surge in these types of incidents.
A lot of these seem to me unnecessarily exposing valuables and drawing attention to yourself.
But what about straightout muggings i.e. where you are not visibly carrying anything of value and yet you maybe stopped by 2- 3 people and threatened if you don’t hand over your valuables in your pocket or even worse you are threatened at gunpoint?
Is this type of crime happening in Phnom Penh yet and if so how often does it happen ?
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

@ obelisks...Straight up muggings like you described above are extremely rare. Bag/phone snatching's are common, especially during the lead up to holiday periods, but are easily avoided by using a little common sense.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Duncan wrote:Those ''snatchers'' should have been where I was this morning. Standing in line at the checkout at Bayon S/market,, the overweight Cambodian lady in front of me opens her hand bag and pulls out a plastic bag which is full of wads of $100 notes. Let me take a guess and say $100,000.

most likely a bag of fake money/hell money to take to the temples as offerings to the spirits and what not :good:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
obelisks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by obelisks »

PSD-Kiwi wrote:@ obelisks...Straight up muggings like you described above are extremely rare. Bag/phone snatching's are common, especially during the lead up to holiday periods, but are easily avoided by using a little common sense.

that's good to know. So not as bad as Cape Town yet? :)
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

robbery season ahead of pchum ben
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

obelisks wrote: that's good to know. So not as bad as Cape Town yet? :)
Absolutely nothing like Cape Town!!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic