Metfone 4G?

Phones, Internet, Computers and such.
Jacobincambodia
Expatriate
United States of America

Metfone 4G?

Post by Jacobincambodia »

I've started to see signs around town about Metfone 4G. Can anyone confirm this?
Jaap N.
Expatriate
Netherlands

Re: Metfone 4G?

Post by Jaap N. »

Yes, saw the signs too.

Ok, I'll get my coat
Sraomcheung Ayng
Expatriate
Zimbabwe

Post by Sraomcheung Ayng »

I saw the Smart signs a while ago.

Sorry!

Knowing the history of 3G here and going through so much crap in 2007 and 2008, I think I'll wait a few years before moving to 4G. My mobitel/cellcard 3G still sucks compared to other countries.

Also, the missus uses metfone (only for phone service. No 3G or 4G) and their customer service is horrible! I think Vlad posted about a positive experience with them (I could be wrong. I'm too lazy to check), and I was genuinely shocked!

If you do get it, please post follow ups. Too many people ask these types of questions, then don't tell us what happened. Thanks!
Jacobincambodia
Expatriate
United States of America

Sraomcheung Ayng wrote:I saw the Smart signs a while ago.

Sorry!

Knowing the history of 3G here and going through so much crap in 2007 and 2008, I think I'll wait a few years before moving to 4G. My mobitel/cellcard 3G still sucks compared to other countries.

Also, the missus uses metfone (only for phone service. No 3G or 4G) and their customer service is horrible! I think Vlad posted about a positive experience with them (I could be wrong. I'm too lazy to check), and I was genuinely shocked!

If you do get it, please post follow ups. Too many people ask these types of questions, then don't tell us what happened. Thanks!
I have Smart 4G and I did follow up with CEO on my experience. I was talking about Metfone. I have recently seen signs about 4G from Metfone. Interesting.
Jacobincambodia
Expatriate
United States of America

FYI, I signed up for Metfone FTTH today. I'll let everyone know how it performs.
Sraomcheung Ayng
Expatriate
Zimbabwe

Post by Sraomcheung Ayng »

Why did you switch? I read your posts about Smart's 4G, and you seemed to be happy with it, other than lack of coverage in some provinces.
6EQUJ5
Expatriate

Post by 6EQUJ5 »

I wish these companies were better about providing coverage maps - can't find anything on Metfone's website but maybe I'm just missing it. If anyone comes across a Metfone 4G coverage map, please post it.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

You could have a play with this http://opensignal.com/

:beer3:
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Metfone only has about 50 4G sites in Phnom Penh at the moment so I would say coverage would be pretty spotty at best.

They are in the process of rolling out another 150 to give more coverage, in Phnom Penh only at the moment.
Jacobincambodia
Expatriate
United States of America

kiwiincambodia wrote:Metfone only has about 50 4G sites in Phnom Penh at the moment so I would say coverage would be pretty spotty at best.

They are in the process of rolling out another 150 to give more coverage, in Phnom Penh only at the moment.
Metfone has rolled out 4g? Last time I heard they hadn't yet.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic