The Untold story of SilkRoads

Phones, Internet, Computers and such.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

The Untold story of SilkRoads

Post by phuketrichard »

great read
Like most libertarians, Ross believed that drug use was a personal choice. And like all people paying attention, he observed that the war on drugs was a complete failure. The natural merchandise for his new enterprise would be drugs. “I was calling it Underground Brokers,” Ross wrote, “but eventually settled on Silk Road.”
as most of us believe today

and long live Agora an d DreamMarket

http://www.wired.com/2015/04/silk-road-1/
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: The Untold story of SilkRoads

Post by General Mackevili »

"Underground Brokers." Glad they changed that.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
MekongMouse
Expatriate

Post by MekongMouse »

That was a really good read. I hope they actually reveal how the servers were found. I may not be up to date, but I am pretty sure that information hasn't been made public yet.
BOFH
Expatriate

Post by BOFH »

MekongMouse wrote:That was a really good read. I hope they actually reveal how the servers were found. I may not be up to date, but I am pretty sure that information hasn't been made public yet.
Public enough for the FBI to find it on Reddit[1][2].

1:
2:

Also see [3].

3: http://krebsonsecurity.com/2014/10/silk ... bis-story/
Last edited by BOFH on Tue May 05, 2015 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
MekongMouse
Expatriate

Post by MekongMouse »

Not sure what your point is. The FBI has not revealed how they found it. There are a lot of likely possibilities and conjecture. I'm hoping to hear the government's account.
BOFH
Expatriate

Post by BOFH »

MekongMouse wrote:I may not be up to date
MekongMouse wrote:Not sure what your point is. The FBI has not revealed how they found it.
Then read what's available to you. Or would you like me to spoon feed it to you? SR was leaking IP addresses in error messages on its website. Shortly after the feds were all over the server's host.

If you're not sure then just read it dude. The FBI doesn't need to reveal anything, it's public information ffs. SR's IP has been all over the Internet for years. The FBI rarely admits anything. They lied in court, as you could read in the previous link I posted in the thread.

clippy
Expatriate

Post by clippy »

BOFH
Expatriate

Post by BOFH »

His investigation had started entirely at his desk with virtual gumshoe diligence, poking around Tor’s IP publishing protocol and spending time on Silk Road looking for chatter about the site’s security. His lucky break came from a thread on Reddit: A user posted a warning that Silk Road’s IP address was “leaking”—visible to other computers. Dread Pirate Roberts (or DPR, as he was often called) had been alerted to the problem by a user but ignored the warning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic