getting rid of the DRM filter on an .ePub file

Phones, Internet, Computers and such.
curiosity
Expatriate
Netherlands

getting rid of the DRM filter on an .ePub file

Post by curiosity »

hi folks,

who can get rid of the DRM filter on an ePub book that I like to read? If you have those skills or can recommend somebody who does, go ahead!
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: getting rid of the DRM filter on an .ePub file

Post by phuketrichard »

no idea what drm filter is
BUT when i download a book, i use Calibre https://calibre-ebook.com/ to convert it to a mobi file which i can than read on my tablet using the kindle app
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

Most purchased EPUB books have DRM. This prevents Calibre from opening them. You can still use calibre to store and transfer them to your e-book reader.
Calibre is an open source ebook program that can also reformat other types of files to .epub https://calibre-ebook.com/
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Only ebooks i've gotten from amazon were when the book was free, ( i think i brought one for $.99)
otherwise all ebooks from the sites i use, i convert and read.. never any problem
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic