Could posts on the forum be in a larger font please?

Phones, Internet, Computers and such.
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Could posts on the forum be in a larger font please?

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

At 61 years old I find I have to sit 3 feet away from the laptop in order to focus on the text. I have reading glasses but often forget where they are and I was wondering if any of the other members of the forum have the same difficulty. Perhaps GM could change the size of the text to say 16 pt or so and do us older members a solid. Just a suggestion, I am not whingeing. Thanks in advance for your consideration
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Re: Could posts on the forum be in a larger font please?

Post by Joker Poker »

Anthony's Weiner wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:25 am At 61 years old I find I have to sit 3 feet away from the laptop in order to focus on the text. I have reading glasses but often forget where they are and I was wondering if any of the other members of the forum have the same difficulty. Perhaps GM could change the size of the text to say 16 pt or so and do us older members a solid. Just a suggestion, I am not whingeing. Thanks in advance for your consideration
Hold the Ctrl key and hit the + key. You will make the text larger.

Ctrl key and hit the - key to make smaller.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

If you have a wheel in your mouse, hold Ctrl and roll the wheel up and down until you hit your bliss point.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Anthony's Weiner wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:25 am At 61 years old I find I have to sit 3 feet away from the laptop in order to focus on the text. I have reading glasses but often forget where they are and I was wondering if any of the other members of the forum have the same difficulty. Perhaps GM could change the size of the text to say 16 pt or so and do us older members a solid. Just a suggestion, I am not whingeing. Thanks in advance for your consideration
Fuck off
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

Is this better?
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Anthony's Weiner wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:25 amPerhaps GM could change the size of the text to say 16 pt or so and do us older members a solid. Just a suggestion, I am not whingeing. Thanks in advance for your consideration
A solid idea, thanks. That said, we already made it larger than default, and I think it's best if you just do as others suggested to enlarge it further but changing it on your browser. An easy task on a laptop, and our site should adjust the dimensions to fit the screen again properly.

This is kind of the opposite of your troubles, but I have 20/15 vision, and I've noticed setting phones with the highest resolution dramatically improves smaller fonts, and I'd love to get an even better laptop, maybe a iMac with their Retina Display, as it's amazing how much easier it is to see higher def screens. As much time as I spend staring at screens, mostly a mobile phone, I feel my vision will drop off dramatically sooner or later and I'll be on the 'let's make the font even larger' bandwagon.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

in regards to the above and as far as marketing goes and people building new websites an making sure they are Mobile friendly
can someone do a poll>

I use a for most of my online activity.

Mobile (6" or more screen size)
Laptop
Desktop
Tablet

one website i work for over 55% of the traffic is from mobiles
I dont own a smart phone but do own a 7" tablet, mostly for whats app and reading books
90% of my online activity is at home with my laptop
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic