internet providers???

Phones, Internet, Computers and such.
catchy818
Tourist
Canada

internet providers???

Post by catchy818 »

Hey which internet providers are you using and how much do they cost? Also which ones dont slow down with the weather. I hear that some slow down significantly if it rains. I cant have that. My business is online.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: internet providers???

Post by timmydownawell »

Opennet and Digi both offer good cheap, reliable fibre... but not everywhere.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

Copper ADSL, i.e. the cheapest ones, are the ones that fuck up in the rain. Opennet they answer the phone and speak English, in business hours, and it's about $40pm for 10Mbs. Metfone are the devil, but sometimes you have to dance with the devil because there's nobody else. There was some guy on here as a paid pimp for Sinet and I have heard Mekongnet is ok. Ezecom will take your first-born for 5Mbps (it's $118 for just 10Mbps) but they own most of the infrastructure, including the link to Bangkok which is the only alternative to the Vietnam link or the phone line to Singapore. At the moment. So lube up, they're coming in hard and fast.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

What happened to the new cable for Cambodia (from Singapore?) That was meant to hook up in 2017?

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

cptrelentless wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:04 am Opennet they answer the phone and speak English, in business hours, and it's about $40pm for 10Mbs.
Opennet is $16 for 7Mbps. Less if you pay for six months as you get a free month. But my speed is way faster than 7Mbps, not sure if I'm just lucky and they set up my account wrong but I get about 20 up/down. :beer3:
Barang chgout wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:53 am What happened to the new cable for Cambodia (from Singapore?) That was meant to hook up in 2017?
This one? Launched a year ago. http://www.phnompenhpost.com/business/f ... e-launched
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Yeah, maybe. So given that we have fibre running through town, does this suggest it's already active? No one out here is hooked up, that's for sure.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

timmydownawell wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:56 am
cptrelentless wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:04 am Opennet they answer the phone and speak English, in business hours, and it's about $40pm for 10Mbs.
Opennet is $16 for 7Mbps. Less if you pay for six months as you get a free month. But my speed is way faster than 7Mbps, not sure if I'm just lucky and they set up my account wrong but I get about 20 up/down. :beer3:
I'd say you're pretty lucky if you are getting 20 whilst only paying for 7. I am on the same deal (although I thought it was for 8mbps, could be wrong)

I average about 10mbps down and a pitiful 2 up.

A guy comes round to collect payment every 3 months (in advanced), price seems to change each time but I never complain as it is always lower than we agreed.

The customer service is very good. there is a huge amount of building work going on at the moment and the line seems to get disconnected quite a lot, normally they fix max 1hr after the phone call
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

cautious colin wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:44 am
timmydownawell wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:56 am
I'd say you're pretty lucky if you are getting 20 whilst only paying for 7. I am on the same deal (although I thought it was for 8mbps, could be wrong)
This one is on local traffic:

And this one is to USA:

As at 11.15am.
davebodia
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by davebodia »

I've had Opennet for about 4 years. Very few problems, and when there is one, they fix almost immediately. I pay the $40 fibre-optic and it's reliable. Occasionally at night it'll slow a bit but overall, considering where we are, it's fine.
walkjivefly
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by walkjivefly »

Anyone have comments/recommendations for sub-$25pm FTTH provider on the west side of PP, near the airport?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic