Wifi signal boosting

Phones, Internet, Computers and such.
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Wifi signal boosting

Post by GMJS-CEO »

Anybody know a device available in Cambodia to strengthen the Wifi signal for use on the phone and ipad?

I know laptops have USB solutions but in this case looking to solve it for all devices without the laptop being used.

Looking for something small to put in my home not some ugly homemade satellite dish.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Wifi signal boosting

Post by frank lee bent »

if your network device has a little jack, you can find a small antenna.
CKDewey
Tourist

Post by CKDewey »

GMJS-CEO wrote:Anybody know a device available in Cambodia to strengthen the Wifi signal for use on the phone and ipad?

I know laptops have USB solutions but in this case looking to solve it for all devices without the laptop being used.

Looking for something small to put in my home not some ugly homemade satellite dish.
Just buy a WiFi Access Point (NOT a WiFi router). These are very simple devices. Set it to "Repeater" mode, fill in the settings to slave it from your existing WiFi router, and place it in the area of your home/office where you need extended coverage.

In Phnom Penh you can find the inexpensive TP-Link WA801ND / WA901ND at a great number of retailers.
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

frank lee bent wrote:if your network device has a little jack, you can find a small antenna.
The device i got from opennet has 2 antennas fully erect.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

GMJS-CEO wrote:
frank lee bent wrote:if your network device has a little jack, you can find a small antenna.
The device i got from opennet has 2 antennas fully erect.
you can remove one of those and put on a larger antenna or an extension line to an antenna in another room, but the advice about using an access point repeater was probably the best.
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

CKDewey wrote: Just buy a WiFi Access Point (NOT a WiFi router). These are very simple devices. Set it to "Repeater" mode, fill in the settings to slave it from your existing WiFi router, and place it in the area of your home/office where you need extended coverage.

In Phnom Penh you can find the inexpensive TP-Link WA801ND / WA901ND at a great number of retailers.
Thanks for that...sounds like the way to go.

If anybody knows a place near russian mkt area let me know but sounds like I should be able to locate it easily enough. Will just need to get the router info which I suppose requires me logging in to the TPlink (?) site the opennet tech used when setting us up.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Chantra Laptop shop St. 468

Don't expect a smile.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

actually, you'll get a tplink (or whatever) access point (ptc on monivong is probably closest) and then connect to it with a network cable, then you'll log into it (http://192.168.0.1 i think) and configure IT to connect to your existng wifi as a repeater (will ask for wifi password/etc from the existing setup).
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

Thanks all!
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

$40 from oz.

Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic