Smart launches 4.5G network in Cambodia

Phones, Internet, Computers and such.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Smart launches 4.5G network in Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

22 August 2017
- Smart Axiata, a subsidiary of the Malaysia-based Axiata Group and a leading mobile operator in Cambodia, officially launched its 4.5G LTE network in Cambodia as an imminent rollout to a 5G network that would radically transform the kingdom’s telecommunications sector in Asean

Mr Hundt said with the new technology and launch of 4.5G, Smart’s network would significantly increase its capacity with faster internet.
“The 4.5G networks can provide up to eight times faster mobile internet speeds than normal 4G,” he said.

“Because of better mobile internet, subscribers will be able to enjoy more data heavy applications like video-streaming and the increase in entertainment content plus enhancing the value-added services that Smart offers.”

David Lixiongwei, CEO of Huawei Technologies Cambodia, said that the partnership with Smart in the launch of the 4.5G network will bring Cambodia closer towards “the next generation’s technology”.

“The move towards 4.5G will certainly bring significant network improvements from today’s 4G network while acting as a bridge for future mobile data applications when 5G is launched in the future. This includes mobile cloud services, 4K Ultra HD video, virtual reality, Internet of Things and much more,” he said...
http://www.khmertimeskh.com/5079198/sma ... g-network/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
AlonzoPartriz
Expatriate
Spain

Re: Smart launches 4.5G network in Cambodia

Post by AlonzoPartriz »

Good news. I hope it's better than 4g or 3g. Ok, if you're living in Tuol Kork I suppose. People have told me the 4g is more stable in that area. My 3g seems to drop to 2g everytime I switch on the mobile data inet.
See crook!!!
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

nice!
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Sifi
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by Sifi »

They need to focus on network reliability. 4G speeds are plenty and they would do better making sure the connections are more stable as opposed to faster networks.
Wish I could play online games on 4g, but keep getting dropouts, so even turn based online games are impossible!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic