Intercontinental PP $35/night ???

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
wackyjacky
Expatriate

Intercontinental PP $35/night ???

Post by wackyjacky »

The Intercontinental is on IHG's Points Break list for 5000 points/night. You can buy points for $.13 each which = $65. Here's a slightly scammy (yet legal) way to get 'em for $.07 =$35/night: https://milepoint.com/forums/threads/pr ... els.12348/ I used this trick last year to grab the Crown Plaza Lumpini BKK for $35.
wackyjacky
Expatriate

Re: Intercontinental PP $35/night ???

Post by wackyjacky »

Sorry IFU. I just realized I bought those points during an IHG two-fer bonus last March. I'm not sure this Cash & Points scam still works. I haven't used it in 3 or 4 years. As soon as I need a room in PP, I'll give it a shot and report back. If they do a point sale again I'll post it too.
wackyjacky
Expatriate

Re: Intercontinental PP $35/night ???

Post by wackyjacky »

The Cash & points trick still works. The initial 5000 points cost 67.50 though. I was a dumb-ass by not keeping 5000 in the acct when I bought miles 2 for 1 before. After that you get 10K for $70. The Intercontinental is 5000 points ($35)/night through May.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic