Offroad Motorbike Adventure in Cambodia

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Offroad Motorbike Adventure in Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Travel Cambodia – Tumble in the Jungle
Julian Challis·16th March 2021
September/October 2020 - Issue 59

Julian Challis travels deep into the jungles of Cambodia for 10 days of motorcycling mayhem, but will he emerge from the toughest ride of his life unscathed?

Boy, that was intense. We’ve just completed nearly 20 miles of the tightest, gnarliest, and most challenging trails that any of us have ever ridden. We’ve ducked underneath hanging vines, wrestled our bikes over fallen logs, climbed rock strewn gullies, splashed through jungle rivers, and dodged hundreds of bamboo spears that line the track. We’ve broken gear levers, suffered punctures, and even holed a fuel tank on a frantic yet life-affirming traverse along the infamous Tiger Trail. When we finally emerge into a clearing at the end of the trail, we’re dripping with sweat and covered in dust, but the grins on all our faces cannot be hidden. is is the type of adventure we came to Cambodia for and we’re loving it.

I’d last ridden in Cambodia back in 2016, teaming up with the tour company Ride Expeditions for a 13-day rambling adventure that took me from the bustling capital of Phnom Penh, all the way round to the party town of Siem Reap. Now I was back to ride a similarly sinuous route, this time in the west of this incredibly beautiful country. After 14 hours of travel trying not to worry about coronavirus, I eventually touch down in Siem Reap’s tiny airport. Fellow rider Patrik from Sweden joins me, and we set off into the bustling streets, heading for our hotel. The rest of our riding group have been in the city for a day or so already, and from the look of some of them, have found the infamous Pub Street on a number of occasions.
Continued here: https://www.adventurebikerider.com/arti ... he-jungle/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram