Have you ever taken a Cambodian woman to Dubai?

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Have you ever taken a Cambodian woman to Dubai?

Post by Cam Nivag »

I'm wondering if anyone here has any experience visiting Dubai with a Cambodian woman. It looks like the UAE offers a 48 hour and a 96 hour transit visa, sponsored by UAE airlines. The 48 hour transit visa is free, the 96 hour visa costs 50 AED ($14 USD). It appears you just submit a photo and flight itinerary to your UAE-based airline and they arrange the transit visa for you.

So theoretically, a Cambodian woman booked on Emirates airlines who flies from PNH-DXB-BKK (or from PNH to DXB to any city outside Cambodia) should be eligible for 96 hours in Dubai on a transit visa. But I don't know, I've never tried it, is there a catch?

https://www.government.ae/en/informatio ... ansit-visa
samrong01
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Have you ever taken a Cambodian woman to Dubai?

Post by samrong01 »

There certainly can be problems if you plan to stay together at a hotel. The hotel will probably ask for a marriage certificate and if you can not produce one they may call the police. If you have a Khmer marriage certificate you will need a certified translation into English or Arabic. It does not matter whether the woman is Cambodian or anything else. Visas are not a problem - the Emirates apply the same rules regardless of nationality. Very few nationalities are subject to additional scrutiny - e.g. Iran, Afghanistan.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Haven't used the Emirates transit visa, but for the 30 day tourist visa it was very simple, made hotel booking and then the hotel applied for the visa on her behalf as the sponsor, all that was required was copy of passport and flight itinerary.

Never asked for marriage cert, technically you must be legally married to share a hotel room in any of the UAE, although it not strictly enforced and overlooked by many hotels in Dubai, especially since most of the hotels have bars full of hookers who guests can take back to their room no questions asked.

Don't let your travelling companion know about the gold souks ;)
davegorman
BANNED
France

Post by davegorman »

I’ve taken a few ladyboys up the Khyber.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

I see where this is going.

7 reasons why you should not take your Cambodian girlfriend to Dubai
Does everyone in Dubai think that my girl is a prostitute?
Do Cambodian women have a hard time adapting to Arab countries?
How do I tell my Cambodian girlfriend that she can not drive because she is a woman?
I have a friend who brought his Cambodian girlfriend to Dubai. Can he marry multiple ones?
Kayve
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kayve »

Pretty easy as a khmer to go to Dubai as long as you travel with Emirates. You fill the visa form through emirates website and ezpz.
Don't forget the water buffalo
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Why would you want to bring her there? I think Emirates have definitely done a good marketing job of selling themselves, as I often hear Khmers saying they'd like to visit. Possibly because now there's a direct flight, but o suspect it's the usual allure to anything which is shiny and gaudy. Having been there twice, I don't think I'd ever want to bring a Khmer girl there. It's a shithole with a veneer.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic