British Banker Formally Diagnosed with PTSD Coming to Cambodia to Fundraise

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

British Banker Formally Diagnosed with PTSD Coming to Cambodia to Fundraise

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Birstall dad discusses mental health battle ahead of Cambodia trek

A ten-day trek through the wilds of Cambodia later this year won’t be the toughest test ever undertaken by Birstall dad Mark Waters.

The 34-year-old bank worker is setting out on the challenge to raise money for the mental health charity that helped him through some of the darkest days of his life during an ongoing 14-year battle with his own mental health.

“I really struggled for ten years. I used to go on huge drinking binges to block out the pain and would fall out with my wife because of it.

“One night I went out driving really fast, deliberately running red lights. I didn’t want to kill myself, but I just didn’t care. I think I wanted to hurt myself so that people knew I needed help.”

Anyone wishing to donate to the cause can do so by visiting his fundraising website at uk.virginmoneygiving.com/MARKWaters16
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: British Banker Formally Diagnosed with PTSD Coming to Cambodia to Fundraise

Post by Kammekor »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:05 pm Birstall dad discusses mental health battle ahead of Cambodia trek

A ten-day trek through the wilds of Cambodia later this year won’t be the toughest test ever undertaken by Birstall dad Mark Waters.

The 34-year-old bank worker is setting out on the challenge to raise money for the mental health charity that helped him through some of the darkest days of his life during an ongoing 14-year battle with his own mental health.

“I really struggled for ten years. I used to go on huge drinking binges to block out the pain and would fall out with my wife because of it.

“One night I went out driving really fast, deliberately running red lights. I didn’t want to kill myself, but I just didn’t care. I think I wanted to hurt myself so that people knew I needed help.”

Anyone wishing to donate to the cause can do so by visiting his fundraising website at uk.virginmoneygiving.com/MARKWaters16
Click bait?

I read w@nker.....

Sorry.
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

A ten-day trek through the wilds of Cambodia

is he going to sinoville chicken farms?????
Captain
BANNED
Afghanistan

Post by Captain »

Don't forget to GoFundHim!
jimpson
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by jimpson »

I and many others have funded British (and other wankers - sorry I meant bankers) for years!
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

Before they had PTSD, they used to call soldiers suffering with these symptoms weak. This guy got PTSD from what exactly? I think many/most of us could get that diagnosis; I know my marriage gave it to me.
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

His nan dies and six months later his old man died while they were in the midst of a minor falling out and he found the corpse.

Ten years later; Lloyd's Bank discovered this and attributed PTSD, anxiety and depression in this geezer as stemming from above events.

Quite naturally, they are sending him to raise £2500 to fly to Cambodia, walk a distance, and fly home again as a means of coping with his heavy burden.

Yeah.
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:36 am His nan dies and six months later his old man died while they were in the midst of a minor falling out and he found the corpse.

Ten years later; Lloyd's Bank discovered this and attributed PTSD, anxiety and depression in this geezer as stemming from above events.

Quite naturally, they are sending him to raise £2500 to fly to Cambodia, walk a distance, and fly home again as a means of coping with his heavy burden.

Yeah.
It's an insult to the people that have real PTSD from real war.
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:05 pm go on huge drinking binges
deliberately running red lights.
He'll fit right in here.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

RickyBobby wrote:It's an insult to the people that have real PTSD from real war.
It’s just a general term. But not doubt, those in the military get the worst of it. And those in combat get the worst of the worst of it. They get my respect to volunteering to go through all of it so I can have the freedom to go to places like the KOW.

There was a Frenchmen once, served in the Foreign Legion for many years, then in the US Army, and then gained citizenship. He told me part of him was still back in the desert and that the sands were blowing over half his face.

His brain knew it to be untrue, but his body felt like it was real all the same.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic