A Short Holiday to Paris

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

A Short Holiday to Paris

Post by yong »

Finally after almost 12 hours (slept very well for 6 hours in flight) I arrived in Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport

Was a long queue however it moves fast do didn't really take very long. Arriving at Baggage collection

yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Re: A Short Holiday to Paris

Post by yong »

Took a taxi at the airport to the hotel in center of Paris. Its a flat rate of 53 Euro.

Streets of Paris seen from a taxi

Took a short walk around the hotel area

Had a beer in a cafe near hotel while waiting for room to be ready (arrived in hotel at 8am)

First French beer

Followup beer
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

Had lunch at a popular restaurant. Opens 11.30am so customers queueing

Restaurant just opened

Very soon

My table

Starter escargot and wine

Main

By the time I finished its full

I did not have dinner, simply rested in the room until this morning
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

How I miss those French Bistrots! But CDG airport is the worst airport I know.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

How many Euro were those beers?
SlowJoe
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by SlowJoe »

hanno wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:19 pm How I miss those French Bistrots! But CDG airport is the worst airport I know.
Have you flown into JFK or La Guardia (NYC) before? I've never been to Charles De Gaulle so I'm just curious how it compares.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

SlowJoe wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:48 pm
hanno wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:19 pm How I miss those French Bistrots! But CDG airport is the worst airport I know.
Have you flown into JFK or La Guardia (NYC) before? I've never been to Charles De Gaulle so I'm just curious how it compares.
No, I haven't. But CDG topped the worst airport polls for many years. It is a chaotic, overcrowded mess with rude staff.

From a travel site:
Though it’s the largest international airport in France, Charles de Gaulle Airport in Paris has a reputation for being disorganized, unclean and generally slow (the staff don’t appear to be very helpful or friendly, either).

One passenger took to the internet to express his frustration, writing: “This airport truly is terrible, inefficient, dirty and overall provides a bad service for international travelers. Well worth the visit for the novelty of seeing an awful airport, so you can appreciate the good ones.”

In other words, you really don’t know how nice you have it at other airports until you fly through Charles de Gaulle.
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

That main course looks terrible, is it stewed beef and macaroni?
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

Doc67 wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:21 pm How many Euro were those beers?
The first one was 9 euro the second was 9.50 euro

yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

Chad Sexington wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:40 pm That main course looks terrible, is it stewed beef and macaroni?
You noticed I did not leave any comment. Well yes you are correct, being a very popular restaurant in Paris I was highly disappointed. Escargot were somewhat overcooked and dry, as for the beef I had much better. After the lunch I thought about it I guess this restaurant is for tourists both coming from overseas and outside of Paris. I will never go again.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic