Tourist worries

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
Rowena
Tourist
Philippines

Tourist worries

Post by Rowena »

:please: :wave:
We are 3 lady’s from the Philippines. Its our first time to travel from Saigon to Phnom Phen to Siem Reap next month. I hope their is someone here who can help us get some info.
Phom Phen
1. What is the faster mode of transportation from saigon to Phom Phen, via taxi, bus or ship? How many hours will that be? Legit transportation company pls.
2. Pls recommend some tourist attraction where we can go that is quite safe. Or a legit tourist guide pls.
3. Pls recomment some decent bars or where can can go at night
4. Where can we go for some cheap shopping
5. Pls recomment resto that is good and mouth watering foods.
6. Is it very safe to every tourist to walk at night?
7. What is the weather on the 2nd week of november?

Siem Reap
1. What can u recommend to take us going to Siem Reap, How many hours? How much? Pls recommend legit transportation company.
2. Pls recommend legit tourist guide pls. And pls give us some tourist destination pls.
3. Where can we go at night that is safe?
4. Is there some night market there, safe?
5 good food pls
6. Give us the overview of the safety of Siem Reap

Thank you so much :banana: :bigeyes:
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Re: Tourist worries

Post by prahocalypse now »

Rowena wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:40 am
6. Is it very safe to every tourist to walk at night?
The main danger is bagsnatchers on motorcycles. Be careful of them. Also, some foreign women attract the attention of rapey Cambodian guys, but it's normally when they are walking the streets drunk or high on drugs. If you don't do that, you shouldn't have a problem.

Siem Reap

Pub Street

Siem Reap

Yes, it's called the night market, and it's safe.
Rowena
Tourist
Philippines

Post by Rowena »

Thank you
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

Have you checked out airfare prices? Personally I would reverse the order. In any case the quickest connection between PP and Saigon is by air. What budget p/p are you planning on?
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Rowena wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:40 am :please: :wave:
We are 3 lady’s from the Philippines. Its our first time to travel from Saigon to Phnom Phen to Siem Reap next month. I hope their is someone here who can help us get some info.
Phom Phen
1. What is the faster mode of transportation from saigon to Phom Phen, via taxi, bus or ship? How many hours will that be? Legit transportation company pls.

There are no regular speedboats between HCMC and Phnom Penh anymore. There are cruises, but they take a few days. Fastest option would be bus from HCMC to PP, about 6-7 hours. If you have more time, take a bus to Chau Doc and a speed boat to PP the next morning.

Siem Reap
1. What can u recommend to take us going to Siem Reap, How many hours? How much? Pls recommend legit transportation company.

Bus is about 5 hours. USD 18 the last time I took it and if I remember correctly.

2. Pls recommend legit tourist guide pls. And pls give us some tourist destination pls.

If you need to ask what to visit in SR I suggest you do some research. Ever hear of Angkor Wat?

SR is pretty safe everywhere though bag snatching does occur.

There were about 23 night markets in SR at last count; take your pick.

5 good food pls

Kind of hard to answer without knowing your likes and your budget.

6. Give us the overview of the safety of Siem Reap

Safe.

In all reality, there is shitloads of information on the net......

Thank you so much :banana: :bigeyes:
Rowena
Tourist
Philippines

Post by Rowena »

taabarang wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:09 pm Have you checked out airfare prices? Personally I would reverse the order. In any case the quickest connection between PP and Saigon is by air. What budget p/p are you planning on?
[/quot

We prefer to see some places that we can pass through. We do u have any idea how much, if we go on air, land or sea?
Thank you very much sir
Rowena
Tourist
Philippines

Post by Rowena »

Yah there is sir but we want reality sir and a confirmation. There is a big difference on what you read on net and realty and peoples experience. Through experience soetimes i dont believe on what im reading on the ne. Im not forcing you to give us any. But somehow thank you.
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Post by prahocalypse now »

Another piece of advice:

If somebody compliments you on your hat, do this :hattip: , and run.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

Rowena there is plenty of internet info just waiting for you to enter good search words on Google.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Yobbo »

When in Siem Reap go & see Kampong Plouk floating village before it disappears :cry:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic