Riding Into and Out of Cambodia

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
Kahuna
Expatriate
Australia

Riding Into and Out of Cambodia

Post by Kahuna »

A mate of mine is planning to ride his motorbike from Australia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand then into Cambodia and across to Vietnam before shippibg it to Mongolia and riding through to Europe.
He has ridden in SE Asia before but on bikes hired or through tours so he wants to know are there any restrictions coming into and leaving Cambodia.
I said I'd ask the experts on CEO.
The bike is registered to him from new. I can see a problem going to Vietnam as don't they have rules governing vehicles coming into the country? Although he is only transiting as such.
Any info would be good.
Thanks
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Riding Into and Out of Cambodia

Post by phuketrichard »

More of a problem entering thailand on a foreign bike. https://fvp.dlt.go.th/index
Malaysia he needs the Carnet
Use koh kong or Osmach for hassle free entry

fyi; join this fb group;;;https://www.facebook.com/groups/1024579 ... 2/?fref=nf
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Kahuna
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kahuna »

Thanks Phuketrichard and I will pass that onto him. Sounds like a good trip he has ahead of him.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

as things change frequently, tell him to contact David at Plood shop on the fb link i posted.
some borders don't require the permit for thailand, some do
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic