Victory beach, Sihanoukville

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
doktor_d
Expatriate
Sweden

Victory beach, Sihanoukville

Post by doktor_d »

I was quite disappointed when Brown's shut up shop and the owner decided to move on to do other things. It was one of my favourite places to enjoy a couple of ice cold drafts while reading the newspapers or a couple of chapters of whatever book I was reading at the time. Or just have a chat with the easy going, laid back barkeep..

I even kept going back there when some older French guys took it over.

It was one of the most quiet of the beaches in Sihanoukville. And one of the cleanest. And the customers seemed to be mostly expats and long time visitors to Cambodia.

Anyway.. That's all gone now.. even the Russian place next to the former Brown's, and all the other beach side places on that side are all gone. Seems they're building another luxury resort or something there.

Alcohol is necessary so that a man can have a good opinion of himself, undisturbed by the facts
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Victory beach, Sihanoukville

Post by phuketrichard »

you can go see David out at Otres.

He didn't move to other things, was forced out as the landlord wanted Mucha $$ to renew his lease.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
doktor_d
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by doktor_d »

So he's at Otres now? I heard he was working at some up scale hotel not far from victory beach.. Anyway, I didn't really know him.. Just enjoyed the place he ran and the occasional chat over a couple of beers.
Alcohol is necessary so that a man can have a good opinion of himself, undisturbed by the facts
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

no, he's manning the show at OC resort on Otres (the restaurant/bar/beachfront) and doing a bang up job of it. Mine and the wife's favorite place to relax with a drink, have a nice meal, and go for a swim if the mood takes us. They even provide towels and the rinse off stations have hot water with provided soap and shampoo. Quite nice.
doktor_d
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by doktor_d »

Good info. I'll head over there next time I'm in Sihanoukville and say hello and check the place out.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

I recommend the salmon with lemon cream sauce pasta dish. heavenly.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic