Hanoi

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Hanoi

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

Heading there around March time,

Just wanted to get a bit of info from people on the ground (Or experienced Hanoi(ers)), namely have you got any must check locations for eating? Are there any gyms you could recommend (Bluesky seems alright, 2$ a session but wouldn't mind something a little less and maybe more towards the old quarter) Have any of you attended a football match there (Soccer if you really must America)? OR anything not on the usual internet that could be worth knowing or creating some discussion about?

I thank you kindly for your time and look forward to the minor squabbles in the comments section
Last edited by JUDGEDREDD on Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
Clemen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: HANOI

Post by Clemen »

CAN I SQUABBLE ABOUT ALL CAPS? Seriously though, I have nothing to add to this discussion, sorry. Except giving you a bump
up to you...
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Re: Hanoi

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

Edited for your pleasure
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

My favorite restaurant at the moment is T-Art. Vietnamese lady that used to work at Sofitel and does amazing Vietnamese food. Also try a Pho Thin, the best one is on 13 Lo Duc. 4P's Pizzas are great but book in advance. Visit the museum of Ethnology.
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

hanno wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:51 am My favorite restaurant at the moment is T-Art. Vietnamese lady that used to work at Sofitel and does amazing Vietnamese food. Also try a Pho Thin, the best one is on 13 Lo Duc. 4P's Pizzas are great but book in advance. Visit the museum of Ethnology.
I would add the Temple of Literature
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

It's by far my favourite vietnamese city to just stroll around in. Good place to soak in the culture or people watch while having a bia hoi or a coffee/tea.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Anthony's Weiner wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:41 am
hanno wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:51 am My favorite restaurant at the moment is T-Art. Vietnamese lady that used to work at Sofitel and does amazing Vietnamese food. Also try a Pho Thin, the best one is on 13 Lo Duc. 4P's Pizzas are great but book in advance. Visit the museum of Ethnology.
I would add the Temple of Literature
Sure, but I read it as the OP wanting recommendations away from the usual tourist haunts.

Further suggestions: Women's museum, Police museum, Security museum. All little visited.

Take note that walking street and the Hoan Kiem area being closed off on weekends have all been suspended due to Corona. I should think football matches will follow suit.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

I'd appreciate Judgedredd if you could give a little post trip report with your thoughts. I'm booked for my first trip in April, so any feedback gratefully received.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

I just came back from Ha Noi. Pollution was awful, all public performances have been cancelled, pharmacies have run out of face masks and hand sanitizer. Apart from that, it was all good.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

hanno wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:59 pm I just came back from Ha Noi. Pollution was awful, all public performances have been cancelled, pharmacies have run out of face masks and hand sanitizer. Apart from that, it was all good.
Lol, cheers Hanno. I've paid for the flight which wasn't expensive but I can always cancel the accommodation closer to the date if I deem it too risky with ongoing developments.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic