Great experience with Angkor Wat Tuk Tuk tour.

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
FiveSpice
Tourist
United States of America

Great experience with Angkor Wat Tuk Tuk tour.

Post by FiveSpice »

Hello everyone, I just wanted to share my experience with a tuk tuk driver (and friend) from Siem Reap who I want to support.

I met Heng through his family, who are good friends of mine. He's only 20, he's a tad shy, and his English isn't amazing yet, but he's working hard and improving fast.
Ever since his father came down with diabetes, he's been the only one supporting his family. Unfortunately, living with diabetes in Cambodia is super tough.
His family isn't rich by any means, and insulin is hard to come by.
His only methods of income are a few side jobs and tours around Angkor Wat and the surrounding temples, as well as normal tuk tuk driving around Siem Reap. All of which, he has only just started.

In order to support him and his family, we chose him to take us around Angkor Wat, Bayon temple, Preah Khan, and Ta Prom, and we definitely weren't disappointed.
(It was only $15 for the whole day.)He's a super nice guy and he introduced us to a great cafe in the temple complex that had wifi and wasn't super expensive.
He was also super easy to work with and he never tried to push for more money or anything at all, which was like a breath of fresh air after dealing with the other drivers who were nothing short of cutthroat and kept trying to charge more. He was nice enough to drive us around a bit after our tour at no extra cost as well.

All in all, we had a great experience with Heng. I'd definitely recommend him to anyone looking to have an amazing experience at Angkor Wat and support a good cause at the same time. (For only 15 bucks too.)

I really hope this post can help get the word out a bit better, he's a good kid who's working hard to support his family and sick father.

I found his facebook, here's a link if anyone's interested: https://www.facebook.com/hengstoursangkorwat/