Nice restaurants in Sihanoukville with atmosphere

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
Flexnez
Expatriate
Norway

Nice restaurants in Sihanoukville with atmosphere

Post by Flexnez »

My parents are visiting the kingdom, and I'm taking them on a trip to Sihanoukville. As I usually just eat at some of the BBQ places, any recommendations of nice restaurants (good food and atmosphere) would be greatly appreciated.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Re: Nice restaurants in Sihanoukville with atmosphere

Post by OrangeDragon »

O.C. Club on Otres is nice, though a little pricey. Right on the beach, quiet, etc.

Samurai is really good Japanese food (I highly suggest the dumplings).

The Bushi Bar at Victory hill is standard franchise sushi... but the view from the rooftop seating at the top of the hill is FANTASTIC for sunset.
wackyjacky
Expatriate

Post by wackyjacky »

OrangeDragon wrote:O.C. Club on Otres is nice, though a little pricey. Right on the beach, quiet, etc.

Samurai is really good Japanese food (I highly suggest the dumplings).

The Bushi Bar at Victory hill is standard franchise sushi... but the view from the rooftop seating at the top of the hill is FANTASTIC for sunset.
Good ideas. Let me add Tamu at the end of Otres, Pagoda Rocks up the hill toward Anchor Brewery, Lemomgrass or the Deck at Sokha, and Pure off of Beach Rd (only had drinks here).
Flexnez
Expatriate
Norway

Post by Flexnez »

Thanks, gents! Keep 'em coming ...
taranis
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by taranis »

404 Not Found
Last edited by taranis on Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
God Forgives. I don't!
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

Depends on what atmosphere you are looking for mate. For beachy - "The Cove Beach Bungalows" have some of the best food in town and a great cocktail bar and deck to enjoy the sunset from. Go right at the pier and its the 2nd last place you come to ( can't miss it, its far and away the biggest too ). For more towny style, its pretty hard to go past "Olive and Olive" deservedly rated by the locals as one of the very best in town,at the top end of Serendipity Beach road. For quiet and laid back, no drunks, druggies, beggars, traffic or loud music to hassle you - my place "The Spot" right at the very end of Occheuteal beach, is magic. The food is excellent as well.
wackyjacky
Expatriate

Post by wackyjacky »

The food at Olive & Olive is quite good. I eat there frequently. The atmosphere is kinda dismal though. Nyam & Sandan can be excellent at times & the atmosphere is refined for SHV.
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

I had actually forgotten Sandan, havent been there for 6 months or so. It would be an ideal place to take your parents actually Flexnez. A good introduction to Khmer food and on Saturday nights they also put on a traditional Apsara dancing show. Also they are a training school for underprivileged Khmer youth and are run by one of the very few,imo, decent and reputable NGO's in the country - M'lop T'pang.
Flexnez
Expatriate
Norway

Post by Flexnez »

Thanks, all, will definitely check out some of these places!
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

If you really want the best pizza in Snooky (good for Snooky), go to Olive and Olive. I won't say what restaurant pizza I got sick on and threw half of it away, but its mentioned in this forum topic. The lamb with veg at Olive and Olive is really good. Their kitchen is clean, well run, people are in uniforms and there aren't flys doing tap dances on your food in the kitchen. BTW/ I'm not bragging, but if you want to see a picture of a real NY pizza go to the food section, NY Pizza.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic