Larrys bar and Grill Street 110

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
picooie
Expatriate

Larrys bar and Grill Street 110

Post by picooie »

Larry's Bar and Grill
Street 110 one block up from sisowath

The last two nights I ate dinner at Larry's. Sorry no pictures I have a cheap mobile phone.For years I have eaten at Blue Dolphin and was looking for something different.Larry's, I had sort of mixed feelings about the place. The restaurant its self is done very nice. The first night we had Calamari, Nicose (sp?) salad and pizza. The pizza was excellent. Blue Dolphin's salad was much better. The Calamari was also excellent. The second night my wife had a steak and I ordered the baked chicken. The steak was good but just about the same as Blue Dolphin and two dollars more expensive than Blue Dolphin. The mashed potatoes were very dry and a super small helping of vegetables. Blue Dolphin has fantastic mashed potatoes and great vegetables. I ordered the chicken. For $7.50 you would think it would be half a chicken but no a leg and thigh.That seemed very over priced. The sauce was good but tasted like it had been warmed over and over for days. My mashed potatoes were just as bad as the wifes and super small helping of vegetables. We did have the goat cheese salad for a starter and it was fabulous!!! I was one of the best salads I have had a any restaurant in a very long time. Overall I have this feeling that the menu is spotty. If you know what to order you can get great food. It is about 20 % more expensive than Blue Dolphin. In the end taking away Larry's is a nicer restaurant I would call it a pretty close draw on which is better.

picooie
Flexnez
Expatriate
Norway

Re: Larrys bar and Grill Street 110

Post by Flexnez »

I like Larry's italian sausage and bolognaise pizzas. His burgers are also good.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Flexnez wrote:I like Larry's italian sausage and bolognaise pizzas.
I've heard it's the best pizza in Phnom Penh. Image
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
picooie
Expatriate

Post by picooie »

The Italian Sausage Pizza is one of the best I have had in PP...and I like my pizza

If you like goat cheese the goat cheese salad with a fantastic vinegarette is to die for. You won't find that at Blue Dolphin

picooie
JBTrain
Expatriate

Post by JBTrain »

I love Larry's Mexican Chorizo pizza, currently an off menu item but usually available. The thing with that and the Italian Sausage are that they are really greasy. I figure it comes with the territory but if you're a greasaphobe be advised.
Using Tapatalk
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

JBTrain wrote:I love Larry's Mexican Chorizo pizza, currently an off menu item but usually available.
I feel you were remiss in your duties as a fellow American because of your failure to mention this to me while I was in town!!!

<3

Now I know where I'll be gaining 5lbs next time I make it up there.. or g-mack will have to bring one with him next time he comes down... though I don't have a lot of faith that it would arrive whole.
JohnnyPoster
Expatriate

Post by JohnnyPoster »

Larry's pizzas are really good, though not my personal favorite in town. His ravioli is also great, and most things on the specials board are very well done. Plus, Larry is a great guy and the staff have always taken good care of me. That and cold a/c make it worth the mark up from places like Blue Dolphin.
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

Best pizza in Phnom Penh - Larrys
Best delivery pizza in Phnom Penh - Brooklyn

I told Larry to start delivery but he seemed hesitant.
Lonestar
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Lonestar »

Why would you compare Larry's to Blue Dolphin??? I think they are after a different market.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

Blue Dolphin does have a pretty great pizza.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic