Best (insert preference) restaurants…

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Best (insert preference) restaurants…

Post by Freightdog »

Think of it as a companion to the query about Thai restaurants, and the curry thread.

Phnom Penh has changed a bit in the last 2 years, and I hadn’t really had the chance to really explore prior to the pandemic that keeps giving.

Are there any worthwhile restaurants for-

Korean

Mexican
(Tex-mex, etc)

And the best go to for

Italian.
I miss a good ravioli or risotto
Dhsphp
Tourist

Re: Best (insert preference) restaurants…

Post by Dhsphp »

For Korean & Japanese bbq, I recommend SHATŌ51, not open yet, but it’s the next business by the 254Omakase team. One of the rare place in pp where the owner is also the chef. Instagram: shato.51

Italian - hard to beat terrazza.

For hamburgers, check ou Mabedoiselle, they opened a few days ago. They use chilled back angus, grass fed beef for patties. The bun’s a cognac wash gâché brioche bun. Hands down best in town. Instagram: Mabedoiselle
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

For french and/or steak-house: La ferme du bassac on 178. I knew the place for many years but knever tried because they only served lunch and closed around 5.00, but now they serve until 10.00 (must enter before 9.00). Perfect french restaurant, and if you are a steak-lover, its not on the boards put on the walls, but they have like a big fridge behind the cashier, with 2 trunks of about 20 kgs of meat: entrecote and faux-filet. They cut it at your choice and pay by the weight, was 44 and 34 dollar a kilo. Tried half a kilo faux-filet and it was 17 dollar, best steak ever eaten in PP. Felt myself so stupid i knever tried it before!!
DankSinatra
BANNED
New Zealand

Post by DankSinatra »

Sovanna BBQ St 21

Ice cold beer and BBQ beef.

Don't miss the bill padding but the food and atmosphere is a draw.
Woody
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Woody »

Lone Star on St 23 does great Tex/mex
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic