Best Craft Beers in Cambodia

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
independencequarter
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Best Craft Beers in Cambodia

Post by independencequarter »

"This list includes some of the best beers that currently can be found in the Kingdom. There are quite a few challengers to each style, and rumour has it that more and more people are entering the market. Here are a few of my favourites."

"The Intergalactic Planetary Ale is Riel Brewing’s classic IPA but with an amended recipe. This recipe has been a success and took an already good beer and made it great. Passion fruit and citrus."

"An American Amber Ale from veterans Cerevisia Brewery. Copper colour with amber hues. Malts, sweet caramel, and melon on the nose. Smooth bitter finish. This beer is a bit seasonal so it’s not always easy to find it."

https://cambodiancraftbeers.com/best-cr ... mber-2019/
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Re: Best Craft Beers in Cambodia

Post by hanno »

independencequarter wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:10 pm "This list includes some of the best beers that currently can be found in the Kingdom. There are quite a few challengers to each style, and rumour has it that more and more people are entering the market. Here are a few of my favourites."

"The Intergalactic Planetary Ale is Riel Brewing’s classic IPA but with an amended recipe. This recipe has been a success and took an already good beer and made it great. Passion fruit and citrus."

"An American Amber Ale from veterans Cerevisia Brewery. Copper colour with amber hues. Malts, sweet caramel, and melon on the nose. Smooth bitter finish. This beer is a bit seasonal so it’s not always easy to find it."

I do like the Duck Walk though I do hate beers being given some effing hipster/gay/man-bun/outright stupid names.

Oh, and if in Temple Town, do go to Wat Beast which has excellent food and a good selection of craft beers. Though you will have to glue on a false beard and wear a checkered flannel shirt.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Do you want to discuss it or just drop a link that tells us? Have you tried this Intergalactic... :?
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

independencequarter wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:10 pm "This list includes some of the best beers that currently can be found in the Kingdom. There are quite a few challengers to each style, and rumour has it that more and more people are entering the market. Here are a few of my favourites."

Does it get you pissed??
independencequarter
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by independencequarter »

hanno wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:29 am

I do like the Duck Walk though I do hate beers being given some effing hipster/gay/man-bun/outright stupid names.

Oh, and if in Temple Town, do go to Wat Beast which has excellent food and a good selection of craft beers. Though you will have to glue on a false beard and wear a checkered flannel shirt.
Haha, I guess you're right. Are there any names that are acceptable then? I mean the same brewer can have a bunch of different recipes for the same style of beer.
fax wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:38 am Do you want to discuss it or just drop a link that tells us? Have you tried this Intergalactic... :?
Good question. No idea, proceed as you wish.
Mr Know It All
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mr Know It All »

Imagemissed a few.......
if you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.
beerbaron
Tourist

Post by beerbaron »

Mr Know It All wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:48 am Imagemissed a few.......
Is this magical bar somewhere in PP? Have seen some of those beers here, but mostly in bottles and never all in one place. THose are pretty fair prices too if it's a bar here in Cambodia.
Mr Know It All
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mr Know It All »

razorback bar bq in kampot.
if you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic