Comics

Streaming video, book reviews, movie requests and more.
The Seawolf
BANNED
Vietnam

Comics

Post by The Seawolf »

I was an avid reader of Battle and 2000AD as a kid. I just got hold of Charley's War Omnibus and it is great. (Charley's War was about a WW1 soldier - the art work and stories are awesome). 2000AD favourites were Judge Dredd (Chopper From Oz, The Angel Gang, The Dark Judges, Block Wars, Judge Anderson etc), Rogue Trooper, Strontium Dogg, Torquemada, Thargs Future Shocks)

Never got into US comics although I read The Killing Joke (Joker origin story)
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Comics

Post by Mishmash »

The Seawolf wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:33 am I was an avid reader of Battle and 2000AD as a kid. I just got hold of Charley's War Omnibus and it is great. (Charley's War was about a WW1 soldier - the art work and stories are awesome). 2000AD favourites were Judge Dredd (Chopper From Oz, The Angel Gang, The Dark Judges, Block Wars, Judge Anderson etc), Rogue Trooper, Strontium Dogg, Torquemada, Thargs Future Shocks)

Never got into US comics although I read The Killing Joke (Joker origin story)
Classics. Never seen Charley's war omnibus though. I'd like to see them.

My friend was a comic buff - never seen so many.. Slaine was his favorite I think. He played RPG dice games games every day during his Uni days - nearly always beat me. Car Wars, Space Crusade, Cyberpunk. He went on to develop games himself and is relatively famous. Teaches now as a professor of gaming.

Personally - I like the artwork and the relative lack of words in comics, so you have time to let your imagination work and fill in the details.

I like the Elric Stories - Michael Moorcock but the comics and films are sparse and incomplete.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Comics

Post by phuketrichard »

personally i prefer Robert crumb

Gilbert Shelton
and tin tin

In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic