Twin peaks

Streaming video, book reviews, movie requests and more.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Twin peaks

Post by phuketrichard »

I, as many, watched Twin peaks when it first came out in 90, for Only 2 years,
recently they brought it back with series 3--- 25 years o. Started watching it but after 2 episodes i was so lost have gone back to the beginning.

Lynch is a master director, trying to figure out all the symbolism will drive you crazy
ANy one else watching ??

Dam fine coffee, pie and all those donuts :beer3:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Twin peaks

Post by epidemiks »

Re-Binged on the first 2 series a long time back. Intend to watch the new ones, haven't found a reliable source. Will probably wait till it's all done and binge from series 1 all the way through to minimise the head fuck.
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

Hmm, I don't think you need to watch the old series, as this one seems to be more about BOB and Cooper being agents of the different lodges and more to do with them than Laura Palmer, what with them having found Laura in the lodge. I did have a swift look over the wiki, the synopses will clue you in to some of the locations, which was the bit I found difficult. http://twinpeaks.wikia.com/wiki/Portal: ... .282017.29. There's 720p rips on the Pirate Bay, or as it Showtime you can get the app.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

i use, https://1337x.to/
i'm up to season 2 episode 7,
loving it again.
his symbolism is amazing and i find myself constantly looking around the edges of the shot to see what he puts in.

PS up to episode 10 season 3
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
bobsboots
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by bobsboots »

I LOVED the original 2 seasons of Twin Peaks. The weirdness and surrealism always seemed to link the story and episodes together.
But.
Am I the only person here who thinks that the new season is utter crap ? Weird for the sake of being weird. Surrealism without a message or link ?
It has been a huge disappointment for me IMHO.
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

Read in the paper today, david bowie is in the new one
charlie
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

tightenupvolume1 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:20 am Read in the paper today, david bowie is in the new one
charlie
Nope, he was already dead. It's re-used footage from Fire Walk With Me, as you can tell from a young Fynch and McLaughlan.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

as above.

I found the first 2 episodes of season three WEIRD, but so far, episode 3,4,5 its getting better.
Bertros
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Bertros »

Twin Peaks Actor Arrested for Attempted Second Degree Murder After Allegedly Beating Woman with Baseball Bat

An actor who appeared on an episode of Twin Peaks: The Return has been arrested for attempted second degree murder after allegedly beating a woman with a baseball bat.
According to a press release from the Spokane, Washington, police department, officers responded to a call from a local Spokane business around 5:40 p.m. on Wednesday for an alleged assault. The call said that a man, identified as actor Jeremy Lindholm — he appeared in one scene of the limited series’ Part 6 episode as Mickey — was assaulting a woman with a baseball bat. When officers arrived at the scene, Lindholm was fleeing out the back of the business with the bat in hand. He “quickly gave up” when officers confronted him in the alley, according to the release, and was then taken into custody.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/twin-p ... ailsignout

just sayin'

Bertros :hattip:
A taste of the bait is worth the pain of the hook.....
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

I like most David Lynch stuff, but that shit gives me a headache. Especially Twin Peaks the Movie, that was some fucked up shit.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic