looking for a new business venture?

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
User avatar
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Posts: 16689
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 5:17 pm
Reputation: 5684
Location: Atlantis
Aruba

looking for a new business venture?

Post by phuketrichard »

New bar area in Pattaya if you have DEEP pockets
located on Soi Diana, directly opposite Soi LK Metro. The Las Vegas Beer Garden will have a centralised sound system meaning the same music will be played in all the bars. One odd feature of the lease agreement is that all tenants must stick to the same prices – meaning drinks will cost exactly the same in all of the separately owned bars in the complex.

Image

so the ONLY way you will stick out is hire the sexiest young ladies :beer3:

Prices at one unnamed gogo on walking street.
Friday barfines for a select few ladies is 3,500 baht and the girls have agreed that the short-time fee is 5,000 baht.
so 8,500 baht ( ($242) for at most 2 hours
plus you'll need buy her at least one bar drink ( apx 250 baht) and one for urself ( 150-250)

wow,
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
User avatar
YaTingPom
Expatriate
Posts: 250
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:26 am
Reputation: 118
Palestine

Re: looking for a new business venture?

Post by YaTingPom »

They tried that fixed price thing in Pub street, SHV.

Did not last and caused lots of long lasting friction and resentment.
User avatar
Alex
Expatriate
Posts: 2551
Joined: Thu May 15, 2014 2:09 am
Reputation: 2271
Location: Bangkok
United States of America

Re: looking for a new business venture?

Post by Alex »

There's a sucker born every minute, I have little doubt that they'll find tenants even at those ridiculous prices.
User avatar
Doc67
Expatriate
Posts: 8813
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:16 am
Reputation: 8105
Location: PHNOM PENH
Great Britain

Re: looking for a new business venture?

Post by Doc67 »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:43 am New bar area in Pattaya if you have DEEP pockets
located on Soi Diana, directly opposite Soi LK Metro. The Las Vegas Beer Garden will have a centralised sound system meaning the same music will be played in all the bars. One odd feature of the lease agreement is that all tenants must stick to the same prices – meaning drinks will cost exactly the same in all of the separately owned bars in the complex.

Image

so the ONLY way you will stick out is hire the sexiest young ladies :beer3:

Prices at one unnamed gogo on walking street.
Friday barfines for a select few ladies is 3,500 baht and the girls have agreed that the short-time fee is 5,000 baht.
so 8,500 baht ( ($242) for at most 2 hours
plus you'll need buy her at least one bar drink ( apx 250 baht) and one for urself ( 150-250)

wow,
I am reliably informed that in probably the most expensive bar in Nana Plaza, two weeks ago on a Saturday night, the prices were: 1000 baht B/F, and 3000 baht ST.

So I doubt Pattaya is commanding those prices in any serious volume. Maybe the odd mug pays that much.

How much is Soi 6 these days? Has anyone been there on a research trip recently?
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Posts: 738
Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:40 pm
Reputation: 305
Belgium

Re: looking for a new business venture?

Post by Bongmab69 »

VERY easy to make 5 million bath with a gogo in pattaya:
start with 10 million !!
User avatar
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Posts: 16689
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 5:17 pm
Reputation: 5684
Location: Atlantis
Aruba

Re: looking for a new business venture?

Post by phuketrichard »

Doc67 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:28 am
phuketrichard wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:43 am New bar area in Pattaya if you have DEEP pockets
located on Soi Diana, directly opposite Soi LK Metro. The Las Vegas Beer Garden will have a centralised sound system meaning the same music will be played in all the bars. One odd feature of the lease agreement is that all tenants must stick to the same prices – meaning drinks will cost exactly the same in all of the separately owned bars in the complex.

Image

so the ONLY way you will stick out is hire the sexiest young ladies :beer3:

Prices at one unnamed gogo on walking street.
Friday barfines for a select few ladies is 3,500 baht and the girls have agreed that the short-time fee is 5,000 baht.
so 8,500 baht ( ($242) for at most 2 hours
plus you'll need buy her at least one bar drink ( apx 250 baht) and one for urself ( 150-250)

wow,
I am reliably informed that in probably the most expensive bar in Nana Plaza, two weeks ago on a Saturday night, the prices were: 1000 baht B/F, and 3000 baht ST.

So I doubt Pattaya is commanding those prices in any serious volume. Maybe the odd mug pays that much.

How much is Soi 6 these days? Has anyone been there on a research trip recently?
BOLDED above:
last time i was in Pattaya , got chatting with a coyote dancer ( most work for an agency, and travel bar to bar)
speaking thai, i asked her how much and she told me 3,000 BF and 5 ST an that was at least 7 years ago :beer3:

FYI: she was a 9.5
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
User avatar
Doc67
Expatriate
Posts: 8813
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:16 am
Reputation: 8105
Location: PHNOM PENH
Great Britain

Re: looking for a new business venture?

Post by Doc67 »

phuketrichard wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:23 am
Doc67 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:28 am
phuketrichard wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:43 am New bar area in Pattaya if you have DEEP pockets
located on Soi Diana, directly opposite Soi LK Metro. The Las Vegas Beer Garden will have a centralised sound system meaning the same music will be played in all the bars. One odd feature of the lease agreement is that all tenants must stick to the same prices – meaning drinks will cost exactly the same in all of the separately owned bars in the complex.

Image

so the ONLY way you will stick out is hire the sexiest young ladies :beer3:

Prices at one unnamed gogo on walking street.
Friday barfines for a select few ladies is 3,500 baht and the girls have agreed that the short-time fee is 5,000 baht.
so 8,500 baht ( ($242) for at most 2 hours
plus you'll need buy her at least one bar drink ( apx 250 baht) and one for urself ( 150-250)

wow,
I am reliably informed that in probably the most expensive bar in Nana Plaza, two weeks ago on a Saturday night, the prices were: 1000 baht B/F, and 3000 baht ST.

So I doubt Pattaya is commanding those prices in any serious volume. Maybe the odd mug pays that much.

How much is Soi 6 these days? Has anyone been there on a research trip recently?
BOLDED above:
last time i was in Pattaya , got chatting with a coyote dancer ( most work for an agency, and travel bar to bar)
speaking thai, i asked her how much and she told me 3,000 BF and 5 ST an that was at least 7 years ago :beer3:

FYI: she was a 9.5
So I am correct, nobody is paying those rates in any serious volume. There will always be outliers, but they aren't representative of the average. 3000baht will get you an 8. Anyway, the difference between an "9.5" v an "8" is completely subjective and immeasurable.

However, the difference between 8000baht and 3000baht is very measurable. For just one of those 9.5's, I can have two 8's and recharge my batteries with a 300g Wagyu Rib Eye at Beefeater steak house at Soi Diana.

I know what I am buying...
Kenr
Expatriate
Posts: 1652
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:33 am
Reputation: 1049
United States of America

Re: looking for a new business venture?

Post by Kenr »

phuketrichard wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:23 am
Doc67 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:28 am
phuketrichard wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:43 am New bar area in Pattaya if you have DEEP pockets
located on Soi Diana, directly opposite Soi LK Metro. The Las Vegas Beer Garden will have a centralised sound system meaning the same music will be played in all the bars. One odd feature of the lease agreement is that all tenants must stick to the same prices – meaning drinks will cost exactly the same in all of the separately owned bars in the complex.

Image

so the ONLY way you will stick out is hire the sexiest young ladies :beer3:

Prices at one unnamed gogo on walking street.
Friday barfines for a select few ladies is 3,500 baht and the girls have agreed that the short-time fee is 5,000 baht.
so 8,500 baht ( ($242) for at most 2 hours
plus you'll need buy her at least one bar drink ( apx 250 baht) and one for urself ( 150-250)

wow,
I am reliably informed that in probably the most expensive bar in Nana Plaza, two weeks ago on a Saturday night, the prices were: 1000 baht B/F, and 3000 baht ST.

So I doubt Pattaya is commanding those prices in any serious volume. Maybe the odd mug pays that much.

How much is Soi 6 these days? Has anyone been there on a research trip recently?
BOLDED above:
last time i was in Pattaya , got chatting with a coyote dancer ( most work for an agency, and travel bar to bar)
speaking thai, i asked her how much and she told me 3,000 BF and 5 ST an that was at least 7 years ago :beer3:

FYI: she was a 9.5
There’s fiction and then there’s reality. I’ve been told a number of things by a number of girls over the years, and the vast majority of those stories were pure fiction.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ahrefs [Bot], jaynewcastle and 45 guests