Taking pets overland from Cambodia to Thailand

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
Brit2020
Tourist
Great Britain

Taking pets overland from Cambodia to Thailand

Post by Brit2020 »

I am hoping to move to Thailand soon (once borders are officially open and the ASQ has been lifted) and will be taking my pets (cats and a dog).

By the book, there's a lot of paperwork needed for export out of Cambodia and into Thailand, however I've been told by some people that they don't even look at the paper work at the border and don't even know what to do with it. The paperwork is costly for the amount of pets I have, I wondered if anyone had experience getting their pets over without having the paper work?

I would be interested to here from those with experience of actually doing this. Thanks!
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Taking pets overland from Cambodia to Thailand

Post by phuketrichard »

I have driven in and out dozens of times thru every border crossing
Never, not once has anyone looked in my car or opened my trunk.

If it was me, i would just drive ur pet thru
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

1. Pets are precious things to most pet owners with emotional attachments.

2. If proper paper work is not done there is a risk, if unlucky when they check, then the pet and owner may be separated at the point of immigration. This is going to be really sad and painful.

3. And if the owner chose not to be separated from the pet(s) his travelling plan will be ruined.

Fifteen years ago I brought my Silky Terrier to Bangkok from Singapore I made sure I had all the paperwork done and all the health checks and immunisation required by the Thai authority. When we arrived at Suvarnabhumbi Airport with all the paperwork it was a breeze to pass through.

For information on the requirements you can check here - https://thaiconsulatela.org/en/bringing ... -thailand/
Robins
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Robins »

phuketrichard wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:59 am I have driven in and out dozens of times thru every border crossing

My car is paid off so I can get a passport for it, what do you do about insurance in Cambodia? I would not want to be driving there without it.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Robins wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:25 am
phuketrichard wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:59 am I have driven in and out dozens of times thru every border crossing

My car is paid off so I can get a passport for it, what do you do about insurance in Cambodia? I would not want to be driving there without it.
thai car?
Car passports are only used for Laos. Enter at Koh Kong or Osmach,exit wherever
Cant get insurance for foreign registered cars.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Robins
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Robins »

phuketrichard wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:34 am
Robins wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:25 am

thai car?
Car passports are only used for Laos. Enter at Koh Kong or Osmach,exit wherever
Cant get insurance for foreign registered cars.
Sorry for the late THANK YOU
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic