Drunken Driving Scot severs legs of garbage collector

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Drunken Driving Scot severs legs of garbage collector

Post by Soi Dog »

This almost happened to me once when I was a teenager working for UPS on the day before Christmas. Some belligerent, drunken asshole (but not a Scot) slammed his car into the back of the delivery truck as I was stepping out. Luckily for me I was saw him coming and stepped back at the last second.

Anyone caught drunk driving should be castrated.

pattayapeople.com wrote:Drunk Foreigner

The Dongtan police received a report early on Sunday morning from staff from a 7-Eleven stores on Jomtien Beach Soi 13 that an accident between a car and a local garbage truck occurred in front of the store and there was someone seriously injured at the scene.

On arrival the team found that the Honda Jazz car, driven by drunken Mr. Gordon James McCarry, aged 24, from Scotland, smashed into the rear of the garbage truck when the injured was standing behind the truck collecting garbage.

The injured man was crying in pain. He is aged around 50 and could not give any statement other than cry. Both his legs were chopped off from the hit and he had lost a lot of blood. The team had to quickly bandage his legs together and sent him to the hospital.

As for McCarry; he could not give any statement either since he was completely drunk. The officers measured up to 211 milligrams percent in him, which is way over the limit of 50 milligrams according to Thai law.

Witnesses stated that the Jazz driver came at high speed, didn’t step on the brakes and acted like he didn’t even see the garbage truck. It smashed right into the rear, which had this unfortunate man standing behind.

McCarry was charged and locked up. Further proceedings will go ahead after he sobers up.
http://www.pattayapeople.com/Crime-News/Drunk-Foreigner
walkjivefly
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Drunken Driving Scot severs legs of garbage collector

Post by walkjivefly »

Soi Dog wrote:

Anyone caught drunk driving should be castrated.
Nah, do to them whatever they did to their victim(s). And televise it. And advertise it anywhere people drink. For repeat offenders chop their hands off. Or just execute them. Same for druggies. Mind you, sterilising selfish inconsiderate people is not without merits.

Meanwhile, back in the real world....
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Edited to remove stupid remark.
Last edited by vladimir on Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

As an ambulance office (junior, it was a while back) I attended an MVA where a light truck had slammed into the back of a small parked vehicle, pinning and ultimately killing a kid between the two. He lived long enough for us to get his parents to the scene to say there goodbyes - as soon as the vehicles were separated to release him, he died. The driver of the truck knew the family well, in fact given that it was a very small community we all knew each other. It's a shame that this is what it took for the guy to address his alcoholism.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
UKJ
Expatriate

Post by UKJ »

Great recent threads! Brits are ignorant, intolerant and drink too much. And Scots drunk driving exploits. Nice. Not sure why the nationality of the drink driver was relevant in the thread title, but why not. Us Brits are all ignorant, pissed up, kebab eating intolerants after all.
Have I mistakenly logged on to 440, the home of the negative national stereotype?
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

UKJ wrote:Not sure why the nationality of the drink driver was relevant in the thread title, but why not. Us Brits are all ignorant, pissed up, kebab eating intolerants after all.
Have I mistakenly logged on to 440, the home of the negative national stereotype?
One can not really complain about stereotypes in a thread title when only facts are mentioned. His nationality is a fact. His drunkeness at the time is a fact. The victim's resulting injury is a fact. The next time an American drives drunk and destroys another persons life in a horrific car wreck I will state his/her nationality as well. I would have included his age and gender in the title also, but there are only so many characters that will show in a thread title. Would that have been "ageist" of me? Would that have been sexist of me? Would some 24 year old guy post "Why the need to mention his age and gender? We aren't all like him, you know!"?
UKJ
Expatriate

Post by UKJ »

One can complain about stereotypes, and it was explained why. Reread if you missed it.
Nationality was utterly irrelevant, end of. I said AiA didn't have to mention an offender was American in his " Grizzled Expat" piece, so I'm not just saying it because the drunk driver was Scottish.
Talking nonsense about age and gender is irrelevant. You are making false assumptions.
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

UKJ wrote:One can complain about stereotypes, and it was explained why. Reread if you missed it.
Nationality was utterly irrelevant, end of. I said AiA didn't have to mention an offender was American in his " Grizzled Expat" piece, so I'm not just saying it because the drunk driver was Scottish.
Talking nonsense about age and gender is irrelevant. You are making false assumptions.
You need to look up the definition of the word stereotype. You are talking out of your ass.

The only thing irrelevant here is you bringing up something written by another person on another forum which has fuck all to do with the article I posted.
UKJ
Expatriate

Post by UKJ »

Soi Dog wrote:
UKJ wrote:One can complain about stereotypes, and it was explained why. Reread if you missed it.
You need to look up the definition of the word stereotype. You are talking out of your ass.

The only thing irrelevant here is you bringing up something written by another person on another forum which has fuck all to do with the article I posted.
WRONG. The only irrelevant thing is the offenders nationality, end of.
You can't come up with a valid reason for mentioning the nationality of a drunk driver, so now you are resorting to profanity. The thread would have been no different to title it " Drunk driver severs leg of garbage collector". To utterly insist the naming of nationality is correct, is bizarre.
I gave the other example to point out that I mention the irrelevance of nationality, no matter what nationality an offender is. It's not my fault that you can't comprehend a simple exchange, or are starting to throw shit, rather than admit you are in the wrong.
I admit I overestimated you as a decent human being. I had thought that pointing it out would make you realise an avoidable mistake. But obviously you don't care who you may offend and will act like you are the only person who matters, in such a hugely important thing to you, like thread titles! How dare anyone suggest you omit a word!
Mr Curious
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Mr Curious »

I suspect this will haunt the young man in question, for a LONG time.
I just do NOT get why ppl drink SO much in a place that ain't home. As if a whole other nice soft friendly set of physics are in place.
Very sad for the man and his family.
Last edited by Mr Curious on Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic