How to prepare to marry a foreigner and live abroad?

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

How to prepare to marry a foreigner and live abroad?

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Clinic to prepare Thai women for life abroad
8 August 2017
- The Ministry of Social Development and Human Security and Khon Kaen University have launched a clinic to help Thai women married to foreigners better prepare for a life abroad.

Dusadee Ayutwat, an associate professor at the department of sociology and anthropology, said the clinic is especially designed for Thai women in the Northeast to handle challenges they may face when moving overseas.

The clinic has been introduced due to a growing trend of Thai women marrying foreign men and living overseas. It is to help them prepare for cross-cultural marriages, maintain healthy relationships and ensure they receive proper treatment.

Ms Dusadee said the women will also be informed of cultural differences, family laws as well as how and where they can seek assistance if they run into problems overseas. "The clinic focuses on women in the Isan [Northeast] given the growing number of women there marrying Westerners. Some of these women believe marrying Westerners will give them a better life and financial security, which is quite a misconception," she said...
http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general ... ife-abroad
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Ronny
BANNED

Re: How to prepare to marry a foreigner and live abroad?

Post by Ronny »

What a joke. It never ceases to amaze me just how smart and professional the Thais think they are when they are basically the complete opposite. It's kinda like telling a retard that they are retarded which essentially means that you are wasting your time because what you're trying to tell them simply doesn't register to them. So the head of this clinic is a sociologist AND an anthropologist? Lol! I have to admit I almost dropped my coffee on the keyboard when I saw the word "anthropologist". Yeah buddy, like that's really gonna help those Thai girls adjust to living 1000s of miles from home in a foreign land with no family around! Yeah, an anthropologist! Who's gonna argue with one of those guys and call them out on their idiocy and bullshit? This is too funny.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

About 40-50 years too late. The girls have been learning from the aunties/mamasans all these years. What a joke indeed!
Cruisemonkey
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Cruisemonkey »

It's only missing steps 4 & 5:

1. Become a 'bar girl'.
2. 'Date' many foreign guys... until you find one not completely repulsive and who falls in love with you.
3. Marry him and move to his country.
4. Divorce him, take 50% of his assets and move back to Thailand.
5. Repeat as necessary.
:facepalm:
You could be next.
Ronny
BANNED

Post by Ronny »

Cruisemonkey wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:59 am It's only missing steps 4 & 5:

1. Become a 'bar girl'.
2. 'Date' many foreign guys... until you find one not completely repulsive and who falls in love with you.
3. Marry him and move to his country.
4. Divorce him, take 50% of his assets and move back to Thailand.
5. Repeat as necessary.
:facepalm:
You didn't finish with #4. so...

Divorce him, take 50% of his assets and move back to ___________ (insert SE Asian country) with your __________(insert SE Asian country) boyfriend who is waiting for you...and your new found money.
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

For many years in Australia foreign wives have been unable to take 50% of assets, mainly because the Russians were taking too much.
AlonzoPartriz
Expatriate
Spain

Post by AlonzoPartriz »

Russians can be super duper hot. Surely a counter guide/ counseling service for men would be appropriate. Plenty of western male "anthropologists" about. Best place to open the first center? London? Sydney? New York? Shefield?

Step one. Hide all your cash in secret accounts before even leaving you're home country?
See crook!!!
MikeMike58
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by MikeMike58 »

It's beyond me why these guys do this over and over again. Can't tell you how many times I've seen it end in disaster.

What's worse are the dudes who propose online to their future mail-order soul mate?!!!?

Never met her, never been to the country, no clue about the culture...jeez louise.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

MikeMike58 wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:05 am It's beyond me why these guys do this over and over again. Can't tell you how many times I've seen it end in disaster.
I tend to agree, but divorce rates in the US are 45% within 5 years.

You could be making the same statement outside any church/registry office in the US
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
MikeMike58
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by MikeMike58 »

vladimir wrote:
MikeMike58 wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:05 am It's beyond me why these guys do this over and over again. Can't tell you how many times I've seen it end in disaster.
I tend to agree, but divorce rates in the US are 45% within 5 years.

You could be making the same statement outside any church/registry office in the US
I agree. I certainly wouldn't defend the virtues/advantages of marrying in the States either. That's a whole other can of worms to be sure.
Western society has gone to shite. IMHO marriage is another government sanctioned scam, no matter where the crime is committed.

Many American men seek a partner, allegedly, with traditional values. They end up going to Asian women. Understandable, seeing the odds of marital bliss are so low in the US of A.

My experience has convinced myself that I rather stay single. I don't spend my waking hours pining over not having someone to make my life miserable.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic