CEO and the Faces of Death

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
Looking for that job
Expatriate

CEO and the Faces of Death

Post by Looking for that job »

Do you like seeing dead people in the news section of this forum. I don't. If I was bored enough to own and manage a forum site I would not post them..
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: CEO and the Faces of Death

Post by frank lee bent »

agreed.

I found out about the murder of my brother in Honduras via a forum.

luckily he was well known and liked so there was no speculation regarding conduct that led to his death- which was actually caused by a bullet to the head.

I feel great pity for family members of the dead when they see idle speculation on cause of death largely for forum members own entertainment.

wasn't this the cause of forum attacks a year or so ago?
Mr Londo
Tourist

Post by Mr Londo »

I find it satisfying to have outlasted someone.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

It lets you know why someone hasn't been answering their phone I guess. :stir:

A photo of the deceased person can be useful for identification, but I don't need to see them dead either - so mostly I just don't look. As long as it's in a spoiler, you make the choice. I also appreciate it when the OP leaves a warning about extra gore or whatever.
Barang_doa_slae
The Dark Horse
Cambodia

Post by Barang_doa_slae »

I said many times that I don't support it nor the water marks on stuff found online.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

"I don't need to see them dead either"
Nor I

as to putting in a spoiler, I'd bet 99% of the time people click on it.

Kind of like in "Dirty Harry" when Clint Eastwood, said

"Now, I know what you're thinking. 'Did he fire six shots or only five?' To tell you the truth, I forgot myself in all this excitement. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you have to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky?...Well? Do ya, punk?") :thumb:

not against watermarks,
'against watermarking material that is not urs
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
ali baba
Expatriate

Post by ali baba »

I like it.
Scarier than malaria.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

i like it also, its usually in a spoiler so you dont have to see it if you dont want to, its not necessarily the pictures that need censoring its some of peoples speculations "it was obviously drug related" that needs it more tbh

it brings a lot of realism to the stories, and every time im driving my bike i see the pictures of them people in my head and it keeps me driving more sensibly/more allert etc
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Barang_doa_slae wrote:...nor the water marks on stuff found online.
Yeah, I never realized what a big deal that was, but we have listened. I now just put "posted@CambodiaExpatsOnline" or "info@CambodiaExpatsOnline" just so people can find more info if they happen to come across it elsewhere on the web and have no idea what it's about.

We even provide links to the Khmer news sources now, after so many members made it clear to me that it's just really upsetting to not have them. Baby steps, baby steps, and thanks to everyone's feedback and patience with it.
phuketrichard wrote: as to putting in a spoiler, I'd bet 99% of the time people click on it.
Mission accomplished. People can decide themselves if they're mature enough and interested in seeing it or not. Some people want as much info, including images/videos, as possible about a story/case. Some don't. They don't have to look if they don't want.

Sometimes there's a lot of info in a picture that isn't covered in the story. Many court cases rely on pictures from the scene of a crime. A picture speaks a thousand words.

Images along with stories force them to be written more accurate. Without an occupying picture it's a lot easier to elaborate and exaggerate something, whether intentional or not.

You'll always know a lot more details of something if you see images that go along with it.

Why was the beating of Rodney King so publicised? Was it because it was such a unique story? No. It was only because there was a video to go along with the story.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

Personally I've got no interest in looking at dead people, I don't want gory images in my head and I always avoid rubber necking accidents when the happen. However as long as they are in spoilers it doesn't bother me what others do, I just don't look. Having seen a few less the tasteless cases OTOF I'm more against the speculation on people's character, ( when they can't reply ), which now seems to involve scanning the people's facebook pages and the assumptions that come from that, it all seems a bit unnecessary to me. All very tabloid but I suppose death, drugs, sex etc always sells.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic