Artist grows third ear on his arm for 24h broadcasting

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Artist grows third ear on his arm for 24h broadcasting

Post by Anchor Moy »

Among the WTF and why would you do this ? wonders found on the internet. People are getting seriously weird.
The Cypriot artist Stelarc first had the idea for the ear, constructed from scaffolding inserted under the skin on his arm, in 1996 but he was unable to find a medical team willing to perform the operation until 2007.

Stelarc, born Stelios Arcadiou in Cyprus but now based in Melbourne, intends to insert a miniature microphone into his third ear and broadcast 24 hours a day.

The head of the Alternate Anatomies Laboratory at Curtin University believes the project – aborted once before after an infection developed in his arm – is a comment on an increasingly connected world.

The 69-year-old claims the microphone will never be turned off – unless he leaves a wi-fi hotspot – and that people from around the world will be able to listen in.

"This ear is not for me, I've got two good ears to hear with. This ear is a remote listening device for people in other places," he told Australian network ABC ...
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 51597.html
Advocatus Diaboli
Expatriate

Re: Artist grows third ear on his arm for 24h broadcasting

Post by Advocatus Diaboli »

Well the majority of the population is not only equipped with a 3rd ear, but also with a 3rd eye. Yeah, I'm talking about your fancy mobile phones. The bug in your pocket, and you even pay for it.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

I think this guy is dyslexic and has delusions about being Lobsang Rampa
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

vladimir wrote:I think this guy is dyslexic and has delusions about being Lobsang Rampa
Only on Tuesday. ;)
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Sorry, too subtle for me on Thursday, week has worn me down.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic