Florida - 2&1/2 years prison for sex on the beach

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Florida - 2&1/2 years prison for sex on the beach

Post by Anchor Moy »

Sex on the beach seems to be a more serious crime in Florida than shooting an unarmed teenager. Good to see they have priorities.

A Florida man convicted of having sex on a public beach has been sentenced to two-and-a-half years in prison, according to a state prosecutor.

Jose Caballero earlier this year was convicted of having sex on Bradenton Beach, on Florida's gulf side, in plain sight of a 4-year-old child, the Associated Press reported.

Caballero reportedly was fondling a woman before he started having sex with her, all while a bystander was recording the romp. A still image from the video is below.
Having sex is BAD, but it's ok to film it ? :o
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 70359.html
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Re: Florida - 2&1/2 years prison for sex on the beach

Post by hanno »

But you see, shooting an unarmed BLACK teenager is not a crime but this poor kid could be scarred for life.

I would love to visit the US, great birding, but stories like this make a visit any time soon pretty unlikely.
Therapist
Expatriate

Post by Therapist »

FLORIDA: the flaccid penis of America.

If you gents visit, beware the police. Just pass their attitude test and don't have cash on you in the states with civil forfeiture enforcement; they'll even take your rings. Unfortunately, prison is for profit in America ($72 bil). Young minorities get sent away 25yrs to life for a little bit of marijuana, while bankers destroy aggregate mass foreclosures and homelessness while getting bonuses. More veterans have killed themselves than have died fighting in the war on terror. But that's the big wigs.

Lots of good folks too. Ordinary folk.

Hanno, birding in Oregon, Colorado, Montana, etc. :good: I'll bet the folks would really take to you and lend a welcome hand with your birding as there are many naturalists out there. Mormons have weird beliefs but are some of nicest people out there in Utah too.

Florida really does suck though. But remember the Government of America is not its people, although ironically it claims to represent the people.
AE86
Expatriate
Japan

Post by AE86 »

Thumbs up for Colorado and Montana, never been to Oregon, love Washington. Nothing like down in Miami, L.A., NYC, etc which is where a lot of the shit happens. Utahns I've found are very superficially nice, but if you're not a mormon like they are then you're held off at a distance. Utahns that aren't mormons though I agree are very nice.
-insert signature here
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

So would they still charge with having sex in the public, if the boy wasn't there ?
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
Therapist
Expatriate

Post by Therapist »

Samouth,

If there is no child present it is still illegal so they can charge. I cannot say for sure if they will prosecute but I will try to explain this way.

The assistant district attorney will be the boss in this case. He or she will ask the top boss (District Attorney) if this should be prosecuted. Together they will decide how many cases they have, how serious the crime, the evidence they have and how much it helps their careers.

Samouth because there is the boy under 18 years old (minor), this is much more serious crime. Same in Cambodia, right?

Samouth, in Florida the Penal Code, Title 9 covers Offenses Against Public Order and Decency. Chapter 43 covers Public Indecency laws sex or prostitution in public. Since, a minor (-18yr) is present they can find and charge them with more state statutes and laws.

So Samouth, it is still illegal but since it is up to the assistant-DA and his boss the DA, we cannot be sure 100%. Many crazy things happen in Florida and this will be very small case if not have boy there. Many agencies have license to make sex movie in Florida.

*No child, not a serious case for Florida but still illegal. 65% chance cut a deal, maybe fine or jail but no prison.
*Have child present, it is important case involving a minor so they must try to convict. 99.9% prosecute.

I hope this help a little Samouth. Also every state in USA have different laws.
Therapist
Expatriate

Post by Therapist »

AE86 wrote:Thumbs up for Colorado and Montana, never been to Oregon, love Washington. Nothing like down in Miami, L.A., NYC, etc which is where a lot of the shit happens. Utahns I've found are very superficially nice, but if you're not a mormon like they are then you're held off at a distance. Utahns that aren't mormons though I agree are very nice.
Akira,

I loved Colorado, Montana, and Utah too. Did you get to go cross country on road trips?
I’m not really a city person although I’ve lived in many an urban jungle.

I wish you the best now that you’ve decided to leave the states. I’m certainly going to answer your other post but it got me thinking about how I, myself, ended up on the far side of the world.

Anyways, hiking and camping surrounded by streams, mountains, and trees; that’s what I used to love back home. Riding through the southwestern desert is cool too. The only thing is I used to imagine that I would travel with my family but so far I’ve seen everything on my own.

Let me know how the moves going Akira and good luck.
:good:
Therapist
Expatriate

Post by Therapist »

Therapist wrote:Samouth,

If there is no child present it is still illegal so they can charge. I cannot say for sure if they will prosecute but I will try to explain this way.

The assistant district attorney will be the boss in this case. He or she will ask the top boss (District Attorney) if this should be prosecuted. Together they will decide how many cases they have, how serious the crime, the evidence they have and how much it helps their careers.

Samouth because there is the boy under 18 years old (minor), this is much more serious crime. Same in Cambodia, right?

Samouth, in Florida the Penal Code, Title 9 covers Offenses Against Public Order and Decency. Chapter 43 covers Public Indecency laws sex or prostitution in public. Since, a minor (-18yr) is present they can find and charge them with more state statutes and laws.

So Samouth, it is still illegal but since it is up to the assistant-DA and his boss the DA, we cannot be sure 100%. Many crazy things happen in Florida and this will be very small case if not have boy there. Many agencies have license to make sex movie in Florida.

*No child, not a serious case for Florida but still illegal. 65% chance cut a deal, maybe fine or jail but no prison.
*Have child present, it is important case involving a minor so they must try to convict. 99.9% prosecute.

I hope this help a little Samouth. Also every state in USA have different laws.
ETA-Florida Statute 800.04(7)(a)- Lewd or Lascivious Exhibition in the Presence of a Child
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

I wish someone would clear up this '' in front of a child '' or '' in the presents of a child ''.
If the child was within 1 or 2 meters and watching , I could understand , but what if the child was 10 m , 100 m , 200 m, or at the end of the beach, 1000 m away.
I don't see any child in the one photo, that is posted , so where is the limit.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Duncan wrote:I wish someone would clear up this '' in front of a child '' or '' in the presents of a child ''.
If the child was within 1 or 2 meters and watching , I could understand , but what if the child was 10 m , 100 m , 200 m, or at the end of the beach, 1000 m away.
I don't see any child in the one photo, that is posted , so where is the limit.
Who knows ?
:dm: I wondered about this too - and maybe the kid didn't even notice - until the adults started filming it and freaking out.
"OMG Johnny don't look over there. Those people is fornicating.
Where, where?
Just right over there on the blue towel, see that lady and that man there, them that are moving up & down. You'll see better through these binoculars.
Whatz funickting, mom ?
Well it's a mortel sin Johnny, and now you're watching you'll go to hell.
Ok mom, can I go play with my sandcastle now?
Nah, you're scarred for life, we gonna get you to a therapist, before you become a sex-offender. "
:Search:
Amazing.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic