Need money? Free scam idea, ready to use.

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Need money? Free scam idea, ready to use.

Post by Anchor Moy »

A French woman has gone on trial for allegedly conning thousands of Chileans into buying a kit to make “magic cheese” they could sell to French cosmetics companies for use in luxury beauty products.

Gilberte Van Erpe, 74, allegedly told her victims the prized ingredient was used in creams favoured by celebrities such as Michael Jackson, but the goop is actually worthless and the scam became one of the biggest pyramid schemes ever seen in South America.

The “case of the magic cheese”, as it is known in France, began in 2005 when the businesswoman dubbed “Madame Gil” began holding conferences around Chile urging people to become home producers of the fermented product.

For €369 ($413) they could buy a kit containing filters and a special powder, which when mixed with milk and fermented, produced a sort of cheese they were told was highly sought after by the cosmetics industry.

To entice the initial victims, the kits were given away for free, and people were paid for their first batches of exported “magic cheese”, convincing them to reinvest their earnings.
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/j ... heese-scam

So all you need is some rotten milk, and your main selling point is here:
Spoiler:
And I only take 10%.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Need money? Free scam idea, ready to use.

Post by General Mackevili »

Damn. Scam? Sounds like almost every business operation in the world that sells useless shit.

5%? We got a deal?
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

some years ago there was a tokay lizard speculative bubble in the region when rumour held that there was an anti HIV compound in them.
Individuals over 1 kg routinely fetched tens of thousands of dollars at the height of the frenzy.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

frank lee bent wrote:some years ago there was a tokay lizard speculative bubble in the region when rumour held that there was an anti HIV compound in them.
Individuals over 1 kg routinely fetched tens of thousands of dollars at the height of the frenzy.
Possibly some pseudoscience behind this - before coming to Cambodia I was on a T2D injectible refined from the toxins of a gila monster, a type of mexican lizard...
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Tokay lizards cure for everything? I'd be willing to take a gekko at that.

Magic cheese? Jesus, the world is full of retards, bring on Armageddon, and let the chickens take over.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

so, SC really is a reptilian who has had the alien genetic enhancements.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

A French woman using the promise of cheese to con people?

Quel fromage!
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

It's so easy to be scammed, especially here in Cambodia. I remember last year while sitting in a bar drinking my ginger beer and telling a well known expat that I was having memory problems and maybe I was getting alcohol limers . He told me if I paid for his beer, he would tell me how to improve my memory.
He suggested I read more to exercise the brain, like reading Expat forums. Well , I paid for his beer , and have been reading &%# forums and my memory has not improved one bit.
I recon I was scammed.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Your memory has indeed improved. You can clearly recall a conversation you had in a bar last year!
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Username Taken wrote:Your memory has indeed improved. You can clearly recall a conversation you had in a bar last year!
Hang on,,,,, Maybe it was last week. I can't remember.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic