COVID-19 Crybaby Corner

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

COVID-19 Crybaby Corner

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

A place to vent your frustration at being stuck where you are.

After being forced to return from Indonesia which was to be the beginning of a longer jaunt through India and Nepal, it's now seven months I've been trying to fill in the time away from the one true thing that brings me pleasure - travel through Asia. Photography, writing, excercise and even the registering of a business have been marginally successful in occupying my time, but the fact is, it's become increasingly difficult to get some enjoyment out of life. I miss travel - a lot!!

I think not having any sort of understood end date to all this is the hardest aspect of being stuck in Australia. If I knew November 2021 was a "go" to fly, I think I could deal with filling in the time knowing there's a light, albeit a dim one, at the end of the tunnel. But that's not the case, is it? Who knows when the Australian government is going to let me back into Asia, or at least the countries I enjoy and can afford to spend extended periods of time in. Unfortunately the countries I want to spend time in at the moment have enormous issues controlling the virus and they will probably be the last in the world the Australian government will allow people to fly to - not to say I couldn't get a flight from Japan or Korea into India, I guess.

To those who are stuck; where are you and how are you dealing with being stuck. Or how are you planning to get out?
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Re: COVID-19 Crybaby Corner

Post by Ghostwriter »

Does being stuck with the wife counts ?
Because i plan on sneaking out of here soon
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by nerdlinger »

Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:32 am A place to vent your frustration at being stuck where you are.
Yeah, exactly as you said... It’s not the being stuck, it’s the not knowing when it’ll change. If we knew for sure that relative normalcy will start November 2021, I could plan my life accordingly. As it is it feels like being in limbo.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

I've heard that people who want to leave for longer term trips have been allowed to leave Australia.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

timmydownawell wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:50 pm I've heard that people who want to leave for longer term trips have been allowed to leave Australia.
Source please, Timmy.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:07 pm
timmydownawell wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:50 pm I've heard that people who want to leave for longer term trips have been allowed to leave Australia.
Source please, Timmy.
Right here:

If you are an Australian citizen or a permanent resident you cannot leave Australia due to COVID-19 restrictions unless you have an exemption. You can apply online but you must meet at least one of the following:

your travel is as part of the response to the COVID-19 outbreak, including the provision of aid
your travel is essential for your business/employer
you are travelling to receive urgent medical treatment that is not available in Australia
you are travelling outside Australia for three months or longer
you are travelling on compassionate or humanitarian grounds
your travel is in the national interest.

But...

You must provide evidence to support your claims.

https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/leav ... alia#toc-2
simon.sayed
Expatriate
South Africa

Post by simon.sayed »

Being stuck here I find this my give-a-fuck

1. People with kids here but now abroad
2. People with tax paying businesses that need get back to run staff

This is it. Do you have a wife / whore / girlfriends who have loved you for a long time? fuck off stay in your place and wait.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

timmydownawell wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:37 pm
Source please, Timmy.
Right here:

If you are an Australian citizen or a permanent resident you cannot leave Australia due to COVID-19 restrictions unless you have an exemption. You can apply online but you must meet at least one of the following:

your travel is as part of the response to the COVID-19 outbreak, including the provision of aid
you are travelling to receive urgent medical treatment that is not available in Australia

But...

Thanks, that's really quite interesting. I wonder what constitutes "evidence" - would a return airfare in a year's time do? Might be worth a phone call at least.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:49 pm
Source please, Timmy.
Right here:

But...

Thanks, that's really quite interesting. I wonder what constitutes "evidence" - would a return airfare in a year's time do? Might be worth a phone call at least.
IIRC, I read it in an article in SMH Traveller. It said that most people applying on those grounds were getting approved. So, good luck!
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

timmydownawell wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:17 pm
Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:49 pm
Source please, Timmy.
Right here:

But...

IIRC, I read it in an article in SMH Traveller. It said that most people applying on those grounds were getting approved. So, good luck!
I'm out of play now until January, sadly. It sucks having integrity.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic