Hillbilly Nonsense.

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Hillbilly Nonsense.

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

I'm starting a YouTube channel when the gates open again but haven't shot or edited video before - so today I recorded some stuff in the city so as to start learning iMovie. It's just a minute of nonsense video, OK? it's neither polished or funny - just something to learn by. If anything deserved to be posted in Asinine.....
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: Hillbilly Nonsense.

Post by Username Taken »

Contemporary Australian Youtube videos must contain the word 'fuck' at least once in every sentence. The C word should also be used liberally throughout.
The parting of ways, i.e the end the video for example, should be expressed with "Have a good one".

If you need assistance with PR, James Alexander is full of it. :wink:

Good luck with your venture :beer3:
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Username Taken wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:15 am Contemporary Australian Youtube videos must contain the word 'fuck' at least once in every sentence. The C word should also be used liberally throughout.
The parting of ways, i.e the end the video for example, should be expressed with "Have a good one".

If you need assistance with PR, James Alexander is full of it. :wink:

Good luck with your venture :beer3:

And all your vids should have background music from a genuine Aussie artist.

Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

Looks promising KFH, you've set the bar high with your photos. I enjoy travel youtube's in the region so look forward to your future efforts.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Revbo n Cambo
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Revbo n Cambo »

Excellent nonsense, best of luck to u,
just my 2cents,
:beer3:
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Bought a GoPro Hero 8 with accessories today with the massively reduced weight from carrying around a DSLR an absolute pleasure - the GoPro will be far more practical for travel vlogging.

I've decided to pull the trigger and launch the channel on the 22nd of June as opposed to waiting until things open up in Asia. And although dirt cheap travel (that's the channel's theme) in Perth is a bit of an oxymoron, I might as well get going on it as there's no better way to get up to speed than actually getting hands-on. And I'm not doing anything else anyway.

Whether I've the personality for it or able to provide decent enough content to generate a bit of income remains to be seen, but I'll enjoy the process regardless.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Duncan wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:43 am
And all your vids should have background music from a genuine Aussie artist.

That'd be great, the only problem being, Duncan, the artist/musician would get any revenue generated through youtube ads, or most of it, because of copyright.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Google search this "non copyright music for youtube free".
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:32 pm Bought a GoPro Hero 8 with accessories today with the massively reduced weight from carrying around a DSLR an absolute pleasure - the GoPro will be far more practical for travel vlogging.

I've decided to pull the trigger and launch the channel on the 22nd of June as opposed to waiting until things open up in Asia. And although dirt cheap travel (that's the channel's theme) in Perth is a bit of an oxymoron, I might as well get going on it as there's no better way to get up to speed than actually getting hands-on. And I'm not doing anything else anyway.

Whether I've the personality for it or able to provide decent enough content to generate a bit of income remains to be seen, but I'll enjoy the process regardless.
Haha, that was funny shit about nothing. Definitely want to see more of what you come up with.

GoPro hero 8 is a really good device. Most travel vloggers on YouTube make much cooler videos these days with their Hero 8's than with their DSLR cameras. So much easier to whip it out when you need it than a huge camera. And if you're shooting in 60 fps, I'd argue that it's even better footage on the GoPro. The stabilisation in the 8 is like nothing that's ever existed. My fiancee just got one because she's been making little vlogs around Battambang and wanted a better camera. Now she's saying she wants to share them on CEO to show everyone Battambang. I feel terrible because I had to look her straight in the eyes, lie to her and say, "Honey, that's a great idea!" :beer:
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

General Mackevili wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:38 am
Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:32 pm Bought a GoPro Hero 8 with accessories today with the massively reduced weight from carrying around a DSLR an absolute pleasure - the GoPro will be far more practical for travel vlogging.

Haha, that was funny shit about nothing. Definitely want to see more of what you come up with.

GoPro hero 8 is a really good device. Most travel vloggers on YouTube make much cooler videos these days with their Hero 8's than with their DSLR cameras. So much easier to whip it out when you need it than a huge camera. And if you're shooting in 60 fps, I'd argue that it's even better footage on the GoPro. The stabilisation in the 8 is like nothing that's ever existed. My fiancee just got one because she's been making little vlogs around Battambang and wanted a better camera. Now she's saying she wants to share them on CEO to show everyone Battambang. I feel terrible because I had to look her straight in the eyes, lie to her and say, "Honey, that's a great idea!" :beer:
I feel your pain. I remember supporting an ex in a similar fashion years ago - but we must remember it's our duty to encourage and support. And besides, Battambang isn't known to everyone so your fiance might also be adding valuable content to CEO.

Just took the GPH 8 for a spin and it really does seem to be a good bit of kit as well as being almost foolproof for tech potatoes like myself. Good image, light weight, simple menus and the stabilization is indeed insane

The above off-the-cuff video is nothing like what I'll be doing and really was just an exercise to see how iMovie worked. I had initial concerns that I'm going to be just another one of those guys everyone winces for in embarrassment when they watch their videos, but, well, if that is indeed the case and it's just a lot of old tosh, so be it - I seem to enjoy being creative and that's all I'm concerned about really - having fun.

I'll be sure to post the first real effort on CEO in a week or so because I can be sure I'll get no holds barred opinions from a few which although might be difficult to hear, will no doubt be needed.

Just wish I could get back to Asia like everyone else - it's really starting to suck!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic