The Undertaker: Long Term Story Telling in Wrestling

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

The Undertaker: Long Term Story Telling in Wrestling

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

Gotta love some older Wrestling 80s90s00s were a pretty great time to be a fan/

And for anyone that wants to pipe up with "Wrestling isn't real"

Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Re: The Undertaker: Long Term Story Telling in Wrestling

Post by Duncan »

We all know that WWE wrestling is fake, but I have never ever found out how they fake gravity on that show . I mean when someone falls or jumps down is that fake gravity in action. I guess the only people that know the answer are those that watch Planet of the Apes, Sinking of the Titanic and Star Wars . Those shows were not fake, they were real weren't they.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Duncan wrote:We all know that WWE wrestling is fake, but I have never ever found out how they fake gravity on that show . I mean when someone falls or jumps down is that fake gravity in action. I guess the only people that know the answer are those that watch Planet of the Apes, Sinking of the Titanic and Star Wars . Those shows were not fake, they were real weren't they.
I’m just starting to watch GLOW on Netflix. Pretty interesting. Also a read an article on one of old time wrestlers. He could punch a piece of paper so hard that there wasn’t even enough of a breeze to make it move. It was all in the acting, selling the fighting and the backstory. A lady I worked with, her dad was one of the early wrestlers, married her mom, another wrestler. The Iron Sheik was actually an Olympic wrestler from Iran before the fall and had to relearn entire moves.

Apparently real injuries did occur when mistakes were made in technique. Also the general stress and strain on the body to prevent injuries to themselves and others (aka stopping gravity). It’s a combat drama show, like the magic show, or action movie (without the harnesses, wires, and CGI), all smoke and mirrors.
icetiger81
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by icetiger81 »

Of course it was fake, but as mentioned, it was a form of story telling. Just like we know movies are fake, or plays are fake, wrestling was just a guys version of soap opera, but damn, it was fun to watch when I was growing up! Remember, this was before the era of MMA, so there wasn't much to compare it with. And, Taker was the man.....there was nobody like him in the business!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic