Where in Cambodia can I find Cobras and Nagas?

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
michael.stewart1
Expatriate
Russia

Where in Cambodia can I find Cobras and Nagas?

Post by michael.stewart1 »

SO far I have not seen Cobras yet? Cobras are one of my favorite snakes. I was in the villages around Kompong Chnnang and Pursat and never saw them there. When i was in the Amazon I got to hold my favorite snake which is an anaconda. That snake literally took my breath away as it was beautiful.
Where could I find a Naga in Cambodia. I tried going to Nagaworld but the name is false advertising as there were no nagas there. Just strang looking machine interested in taking my money. I would really meet a nice Nagawoman who loves to eat mice and who has pretty scales. I understand a Nagawoman would have dark hair, a slim waste and arms and a buxom torso and instead of legs she will have a sexy long scaley tail. She would love to do the snake dance and she would be one sexy snake. Instead of hair she would have snakes. She would be the ideal bride for me.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: Where in Cambodia can I find Cobras and Nagas?

Post by Username Taken »

We used to see Nagas in the river all the time when we were having a few beers on a Friday night at Snows. Unfortunately, Snows doesn't exist anymore. Don't know about the nagas though. Presumably they can be seen in the river if the conditions are right.
BR549
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BR549 »

Get out and explore ..snakes are not easy to find.
I spent decades in snake infested regions and they typically don't just drop by for a visit.
The rainy season as stated 10,000 times brings out snakes of all kinds...
Big difference in handling a constrictor and a venomous snake lad.
Patience and effort will pay off in the snake hunt.
Sometimes, I just look down or up or over and voila..a cobra..a rattlesnake...a tree snake...
Sometimes I meet people who have had snakes find them or their family members...like a Gentleman from Zambia I sat next to on a flight to London who told me about the black mamba that killed his father.
Good hunting...
jubo2
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by jubo2 »

Sorry i already asked but wondering about red cross antivenin in Kow ?
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Had run in with cobra crossing the road between kampot and kep. Also deen a couple in Koh Kong. They are quite shy and dont got looking for human company but they do come in tosmaller places soemtimes at night after rats. None of these were big, around 1 to 1.5 metres
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Look on Facebook "snakes of Cambodia" there was a volunteer job offered tracking Cobras.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic