Improve your insults, thou artless hedge-born miscreants

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Improve your insults, thou artless hedge-born miscreants

Post by StroppyChops »

I know we're not supposed to compare CEO and TOF, so this is probably skirting the outer limits a little.

One thing I'd say for TOF is that it had (past-tense) some really talented insulters. CEO members tend to be lacking in this area - don't hate me, it's true - but as soon as a few members have had an early amber dinner they suddenly think they're the Shakespeare of insults.

I thought I'd leave this here to help out a little, thou yeasty pottle-deep mammets!

Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
finbar
Expatriate
New Caledonia

Re: Improve your insults, thou artless hedge-born miscreants

Post by finbar »

StroppyChops wrote:I know we're not supposed to compare CEO and TOF
You muscle-brane'd oaf, do you imagine them disjoint sets?

In jest, fin
Last edited by finbar on Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
Per ardua, ad stercus
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

finbar wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:48 pm
StroppyChops wrote:I know we're not supposed to compare CEO and TOF
You muscle-brained oaf, do you imagine them disjoint sets?

In jest, fin
Of course not, thou ruttish urchin-snouted strumpet!
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

StroppyChops wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:40 pm I know we're not supposed to

We are not supposed to name call, at all. Apparently.

There is a famous insult that John Adams hurled at Alexander Hamilton. He called him an 'insolent coxcomb'.

One evening, 2 or three Highballs in, being cheeky and quite full of myself I decided to use that particular sobriquet upon our own That Genius, whilst in the midst of a heated badinage.

It was edited out by some misguidedly forthright mod. I am still mildly disturbed by that, to this day.

So, gentlemen, think long and hard about appending insults on CEO, Shakespearean or otherwise.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Brody wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:03 pm

There is a famous insult that John Adams hurled at Alexander Hamilton. He called him an 'insolent coxcomb'.

One evening, 2 or three Highballs in, being cheeky and quite full of myself I decided to use that particular sobriquet upon our own That Genius, whilst in the midst of a heated badinage.

It was edited out by some misguidedly forthright mod. I am still mildly disturbed by that, to this day.

So, gentlemen, think long and hard about appending insults on CEO, Shakespearean or otherwise.
Of course, it could always be just you that's not permitted to hurl insults! :D Kidding. It was probably the protracted nature of said badinage ... varlot.
bobsboots
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by bobsboots »

StroppyChops wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:40 pm I know we're not supposed to compare CEO and TOF, so this is probably skirting the outer limits a little.

One thing I'd say for TOF is that it had (past-tense) some really talented insulters. CEO members tend to be lacking in this area - don't hate me, it's true - but as soon as a few members have had an early amber dinner they suddenly think they're the Shakespeare of insults.

I thought I'd leave this here to help out a little, thou yeasty pottle-deep mammets!

I find this post insulting.
takeoman
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by takeoman »

Brody wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:03 pm

is it possible that the moderator merely lost patience with the emasculated mass of inanity that Vlad and you had concocted? :hattip:
The most boring man in the World. Ever!
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Fuck that.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

kocdim
Expatriate
Fiji

Post by kocdim »

StroppyChops wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:40 pm I know we're not supposed to compare CEO and TOF, so this is probably skirting the outer limits a little.

Good stuff mate :)

To be, or not to be: that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,

No traveller returns, puzzles the will
And makes us rather bear those ills we have
Than fly to others that we know not of?
Thus conscience does make cowards of us all;

William Shakespeare
xxxxxxx
Expatriate

Post by xxxxxxx »

I recall the over-the-top attacking of andyinasia by "Cambod" some years ago on TOF. He then opened his own competing forum that was supposed to be LESS restrictive than 440, only to turn it into a "safe space" for those snowflakes here who can't cope.

"Oh PLEASE Gen. Mac, don't let the naughty posters turn CEO into K440 with the meanie shagnasties posting words that make baby Jesus cry and hurt my little feelings."
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic