My FB war with UNICEF on their claim

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
flying chicken
Expatriate

My FB war with UNICEF on their claim

Post by flying chicken »

Luc Hernou: this is a big lie from unicef they just get the numbers from the goverment.95%of all the regitred kids go to school.but 40 of ALL the kids are NOT registered so unicef get your facts right you bunch of morons

Fauve Jacozaj: How can you know that 40% of all the kids are not registered? You don't even know how many children there are in Cambodia! 'Bunch of morons'? Very classy.

N: Most big NGOs are the same. Most of the workers are in in for the perks and fat paychecks. Take the UN office at the end of High School road example, the place looks like a mansion -- I ride past there nearly every day -- hardly see any activity....probably just scratching their balls in the air-con room all day and wait till pay day.

N: Here is a kicker, I recently saw a UNICEF 4WD vehicle parked outside Platinum 5 Stars KTV. They were probably in there educating the karaoke hostesses about HIV, AID and giving away Durex condoms.

Luc Hernou: well atleast that number in our school and in the school of a friend.no birtcertificate and no familybook meens non existence.copying the numbers from a dictator govermanent isnt the way to conduct research.my opinion.they are to lazy to do their own numbers sorry but that is very bad

N: I gotta agree. 95% is totally exaggerated! Who are these bozos trying to fool?

Fauve Jacozaj: Nicky, I am a volunteer at Unicef here in Siem Reap. I must say that our UN Office maybe looks like a mansion, but in fact it isn't. We have very limited funds for office supplies, so our office is very basic. I can show you pictures if you want.
Also, I am not here for the fat paycheck, as I work for free. And I don't know about the statistics, as I am working on other things, but I must say that I've been working very hard these past 2 weeks. (Yes, I've only been here for that amount of time). So please next time try to give an educated response, and do not just assume that everyone is the same.

Luc Hernou: i was refering to the overpayed highranking phnompenn people.not the fieldworkers because these people are left in the dark bur indeed try to do a good job

N: I am not talking about volunteers. In fact some NGOs even charged volunteers to volunteer usually $200 p/w or more -- though it is rare nowadays as most learned it is a scam. I have been in the NGO game and anyone who lives here live here long enough knows how hypocritical most of the NGOs are -- not particularly at the org itself but the ones who in charge and their colleagues. I genuinely feel sorry for the children in the West knocking door to door asking for donation to help "poor people living on less than $1 a day." In term of the original post, I wonder which genius came up with the 95% figure? I dont need to point you to any statistic, at my friends' villages a few km out of town where approximately every 5 children go to public school 1 do not. I did it out curiosity long before this idiotic claim was published!

I received an abusive PM on FB from an anonymous account regarding this issue.
EVERYONE BOW DOWN AND PAY EXTREME HOMAGE TO HIS MAJESTIES flying chicken©
flying chicken
Expatriate

Re: My FB war with UNICEF on their claim

Post by flying chicken »

I genuinely wanted to know. No smack talking or ill intention at all if they can provide the report or stats with their finding as proudly broadcasted in their poster above. As of current, I am firm that UNICEF is seeking for more fund.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

I can't be bothered to read all that at the moment, but I agree that it's a bit of a stretch. Sure, maybe 95% of Cambodian kids go to school now and then, but do 95% go to school regularly? How many miss more than 20% of their school days? Questions worth asking I'd say.

Still, cambodia has undoubtedly made huge strides in terms of education. Quality is of course still lacking but basic literacy levels have increased tremendously.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
khmerinade
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by khmerinade »

If you have visited the Khmer countryside, you would easily know that there are less than 95% of kids in school. Way less. I believe there is around a 10% overall high school graduation rate? Hopefully it's more than the that, so please correct me if it's wrong.

On the other hand, I knew someone studying for a Masters Degree in Law, and she would never go to class unless there was a test. NEVER. It was so funny to me that she was able to copy and cheat all the way through the program. I wouldn't want her representing me in any regard.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

on the other hand the DESIRE for education seems universal in Cambodia.
i have never seen a place so hungry for eng lang and for knowledge of the outside world.
flying chicken
Expatriate

Post by flying chicken »

Khmerinade,

I cant speak for the rest of Cambodia, but from my observation the figure is probably less than 85% in Siem Reap province. What pissed me off was a giant NGO like UNICEF can be so blatant. But I think I know why though -- the hard working foreign UNICEF workers are busy in the office and sent the local subordinates do the reports. Standing in the sun for 5 mins then they will be running back into their Toyota and Nissa 4wd vehicles and turn on the AC...in some of their (lame excuse) own words the sun radiation might give them skin cancer.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

sure they have to provide acquittal for teh funds.
what an industry.
fuckers.
Drifter
Expatriate

Post by Drifter »

how long the NGO scam is going to last ?

95% literacy ? where ??? how ???

oh and i've seen several SUV belonging to UNICEF, UN, ILO parked right in front of hostess bars in 104 and 136 and 51 if that matters, i also know some of those rascals and they do fuck all apart getting drunk in the weekend and groping bargirls and freelancers at Pontoon, of course they will say they're just bad apples, yeah right !

volunteers getting scammed ? yes, and they fully deserve it, as the saying goes, a fool and his money are soon parted.

mega mansions and luxury offices ? yes and yes, seen with my eyes, and what about their execs earning more than 10K/month plus all the extras and bonuses and paid rent etc etc

i know a fugly girl working at ILO, she's been only once in the field in 6 months and said she couldn't wait to go back to Europe, her net salary was around 3000 euro + rent and expenses and her job was filling forms in Excel spreadsheets and all she did was complaining about how hard was her job and how bad was cambodia, she lived in BKK1 in a 1000$/month apartment but that would't suffice for this princess.

now we even see NGO rescueing cats and dogs and soon NGO protecting the poor mosquitoes or whatever other new BS.

nothing we can do, just nothing.
the IQ of their western donors is just too low, if they weren't scammed by NGO they would be scammed by other crooks.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

frank lee bent wrote:on the other hand the DESIRE for education seems universal in Cambodia.
i have never seen a place so hungry for eng lang and for knowledge of the outside world.
Agreed. This is predominantly why we moved here, after teaching for too long in Australia.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
khmerinade
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by khmerinade »

This should be an interesting development to watch unfold. They are calling for an official "re-do" of the 12th grade exam. I wonder how much better they will do the 2nd time around..

“Each class I corrected the answers for, only three or four students passed,” said a Khmer literature exam marker who graded results for a school in the capital."

http://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/f ... ee-pm-step
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic