Water Festival 10-12 November 2019

Have questions or resources regarding Khmer Culture? This forum is all about the Kingdom of Cambodia's culture. Khmer language, Cambodian weddings, French influence, Cambodian architecture, Cambodian politics, Khmer customs, etc? This is the place. Living in Cambodia can cause you to experience a whole new level of culture shock, so feel free to talk about all things related to the Khmer people, and their traditions. And if you want something in Khmer script translated into English, you will probably find what you need.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Water Festival 10-12 November 2019

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Water Festival 10-12 November 2019 - but Holidays from 9-13 November.

Note that Bon Om Touk, otherwise known as the Water Festival, will be held on 10,11,12 November this year, 2019. In addition, because the 10 November is a Sunday this year, the 13 November will also be a public holiday. Furthermore, the 9 November is Independence Day holiday.

Attention: banks and public administration will be closed from 9-13 November. If you have a visa to renew, it will take longer than usual during this period.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Water Festival 10-12 November 2019

Water Festival Pardon for Prisoners
Phnom Penh, Cambodia News: On 29 October 2019, the Ministry of Justice said, "Please inform the press that following the meeting held by the National Committee for the Review of the Application for the Extension of Amnesty for Prisoners on the occasion of the 2019 Water Festival, the Ministry of Justice announces the pardon of 90 prisoners, including 58 women".
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

I don't see the exile in that list
isn't he planning to return around the same time?
they should just throw him in with the boats
freeing the position for someone capable

monstra mihi bona!
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Dawn warm up on raceday
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

What an absolutely delightful event to miss! Just another reason to scratch lovely PP from my " must do" list.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

I came here a 2 weeks after the 2017 event. I was away last year, so this is my first Water Festival in town.

I have been hearing about road closes from Riverside to Norodom, from 110 to the Hamarawi Apartments. Also that Riverside will be mobbed and with plenty of thieving going on. House break-ins soar. So too street robbery late at night. Piles of garbage that takes a week to clear. Sounds like a right laugh...

Is any of this true?
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

I took that photo above in 2010. ^^
I watched big chunks of the racing over three days, wandered back to my hotel about 6pm Monday afternoon, just after the event had finished, and sent off an email to a friend.
It said something like this-
"we just had 1 million people on the riverbank for three days, from all over the country, packed into a small area. I could not believe how pleasant, peaceful and good humoured it all was - only in Cambodia"
An hour later 450 were dead from a stampede.

Two years later a bunch of us barangs put a team together under the auspices of one of the Mekong Wats.
Small boat, about 26 paddlers from memory. Great fun training for a couple of months, and a few "exciting" moments - the Mekong was still flowing strong.
Unfortunately the "colour revolution" was heating up, so with all the countryside people coming to town, the event was cancelled only about two weeks out.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

Yes, unfortunately it's only partially true. Discression compelled you( I assume) to overlook the inflated prices of carnal joy charged by butt ugly women or the absence of country women who fear unprovoked country males "copping a feel(luec stiab)."
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

The authorities are staying realistic, stay protected !
Water festival: Stay Covered
500,000 condoms distributed to citizens in Phnom Penh
(Nov 03, 2019 2:14 pm)
It is observed that every year, as long as Cambodia holds the Royal Water Festival, or the Bon Om Touk Festival, the authorities always distribute Ok condoms to a large number of people free of charge.
Some people have expressed doubts over the distribution of condoms, but in fact, the authorities are being realist because people from the provinces will come to Phnom Penh, and during that time sex will inevitably occur. That's why Phnom Penh health authorities are offering 500,000 free condoms to prevent sexually tranmitted diseases, in particular HIV or AIDS.

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

Ironman certainly knows a crowd-pleaser when he sees one.

Sex will inevitably occur.... :bow:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic