Photographer's blog

Have questions or resources regarding Khmer Culture? This forum is all about the Kingdom of Cambodia's culture. Khmer language, Cambodian weddings, French influence, Cambodian architecture, Cambodian politics, Khmer customs, etc? This is the place. Living in Cambodia can cause you to experience a whole new level of culture shock, so feel free to talk about all things related to the Khmer people, and their traditions. And if you want something in Khmer script translated into English, you will probably find what you need.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Photographer's blog

Post by Anchor Moy »

http://www.phnompenhpost.com/lifestyle/ ... ing-nation

It's true that in every home, in every business in Cambodia, there are photos on the walls that tell a story. Some places you can see that the little old man sitting in the corner of the shop used to be someone important in the military, their daughter is really ugly but got married at age 25, and that some of the kids in the photos have died since then.

IRL I know a family who has quite a lot of photos of their ugly eldest daughter dressed as a sort of princess. :crazy: It doesn't help her case. :)
Oh, and I say that because she is really not a nice person.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Re: Photographer's blog

Post by StroppyChops »

There's an old uncle who fixes shoes on the side of the road at one of the 5-way intersections in TTP. He lives in a shack a few metres down the road. We wave and smile each time I drive past in the tuktuk. I want to get to know that guy's story and photograph him. He seems to be one seriously happy guy.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
cathytreat
Tourist

Post by cathytreat »

Wow .Informative information because i do not about the cambodian languages and traditions.I read some articles about the cambodian traditions provided by the best essay writing services.But i did not get the complete information about the cambodian language and traditions.This forum very helpful for understanding about the cambodia.
Advocatus Diaboli
Expatriate

Post by Advocatus Diaboli »

StroppyChops wrote: He seems to be one seriously happy guy.

Maybe because he has no ugly daughter ???
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Advocatus Diaboli wrote:
StroppyChops wrote: He seems to be one seriously happy guy.
Maybe because he has no ugly daughter ???
No, turns out it's because stupid barang give him gambling money instead of food.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

Ugly? Not nice? Why?
កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
SlackWaster
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by SlackWaster »

I am looking for a photographer to take a selection of lifestyle photos for my eCommerce business - let me know if you are interested or know anyone who is.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic