Cambodian arts threads go where again?

Have questions or resources regarding Khmer Culture? This forum is all about the Kingdom of Cambodia's culture. Khmer language, Cambodian weddings, French influence, Cambodian architecture, Cambodian politics, Khmer customs, etc? This is the place. Living in Cambodia can cause you to experience a whole new level of culture shock, so feel free to talk about all things related to the Khmer people, and their traditions. And if you want something in Khmer script translated into English, you will probably find what you need.
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Cambodian arts threads go where again?

Post by Soi Dog »

I know we all have so many posts and comments to make about Cambodia arts, culture and literature, but we are not sure where to put them all. Ballet. Poetry. Tasteful, non sexual nude clay sculpting, and so forth. Maybe the mods can clarify this for us, so we don't all put our individual posts about Cambodia arts, culture and literature in different threads, because then it would be chaos. Total chaos. You can't have chaos. I read that 9 out of 10 new Cambodian expat forums fail in their first year due to people putting their posts about arts and culture willy-nilly in different forum sections instead of one dedicate space.

Oh, wait! Perhaps I am confusing this forum with another forum, where the classy site owner recently stated that he only wants threads about Cambodian arts and culture and sophisticated things like that? :ROFL:

My bad. Carry on.
franzjaeger
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Cambodian arts threads go where again?

Post by franzjaeger »

I was banned at K440, maybe because I didn't fit in to their new line of being all cultural and snooty. Wondering if they are in the right country for that.
migratory
Expatriate
Israel

Post by migratory »

So was I, basically killed off for challenging the 'Playboy' character over there, totally annihilated and wiped out. I admit, I am no freaking angel, I utilize cash for sex, I consume happy pizza's, and I swipe a cellphone off a foreigners table at times too, hey this is Cambodia, not fuckin' the Riviera or somthin'.
dagenham
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by dagenham »

franzjaeger wrote:I was banned at K440, maybe because I didn't fit in to their new line of being all cultural and snooty. Wondering if they are in the right country for that.
Boozers, Whoremongers and Philistines all of ye...of course, there is a cultural scene here in PP. In fact, it's thriving. Pick up the PPP, Asia Life or Daily for more events than you could possibly think about attending.

You're all too drunk, hungover, going to VD clinics, scoring drugs or getting blowjobs to even know that there is cultural activity happening all around you. Mind you, I realize that most of you can barely read, have never been to a play, art exhibition, concert or lecture so...what expectations can there be for you lot really?
Winston Churchill said, "Have a cigar, a glass of brandy, pet your dog and get a blow job daily for a productive and fulfilling life"
franzjaeger
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by franzjaeger »

dagenham wrote: Mind you, I realize that most of you can barely read, have never been to a play, art exhibition, concert or lecture so...what expectations can there be for you lot really?
People talking like that already makes me wanna jump on a moto, no helmet, completely stoned and drunk, and get the hell out.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

dagenham wrote: Boozers, Whoremongers and Philistines all of ye...of course, there is a cultural scene here in PP. In fact, it's thriving. Pick up the PPP, Asia Life or Daily for more events than you could possibly think about attending.

You're all too drunk, hungover, going to VD clinics, scoring drugs or getting blowjobs to even know that there is cultural activity happening all around you. Mind you, I realize that most of you can barely read, have never been to a play, art exhibition, concert or lecture so...what expectations can there be for you lot really?
I'd be wounded if I wasn't under admin protection.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

migratory wrote:So was I, basically killed off for challenging the 'Playboy' character over there, totally annihilated and wiped out. I admit, I am no freaking angel...
Haha, and welcome!
franzjaeger wrote:I was banned at K440, maybe because I didn't fit in to their new line of being all cultural and snooty. Wondering if they are in the right country for that.
Hey there!

If your username here is similar to the one you had over there, I believe you and I even went head-to-head on a few occasions over there.

It's all good, and I want you to know that you won't get banned here for disagreeing with me or other admin/mods, and you'll even be allowed to air your disapproval of anything we do.

That said, I'm glad you came on over and I hope we get along!
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
flying chicken
Expatriate

Post by flying chicken »

I think artists, archeologists and the alike should be banned from the World Wide Wide. They are the kind that make you bored to death telling you about the magnificent curves of a less than a decade sculpture or trying to explain the profound meaning of love from the 5 LCD tvs at the Vietnamese coffee shops they see every day.
EVERYONE BOW DOWN AND PAY EXTREME HOMAGE TO HIS MAJESTIES flying chicken©
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote:I'd be wounded if I wasn't under admin protection.
One day, you too will take an arrow to the knee...
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
dagenham
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by dagenham »

flying chicken wrote:I think artists, archeologists and the alike should be banned from the World Wide Wide. They are the kind that make you bored to death telling you about the magnificent curves of a less than a decade sculpture or trying to explain the profound meaning of love from the 5 LCD tvs at the Vietnamese coffee shops they see every day.
Well, so sayeth the art critic extraordinaire...you're obviously a cultural bonehead...thigh bone maybe?
Winston Churchill said, "Have a cigar, a glass of brandy, pet your dog and get a blow job daily for a productive and fulfilling life"
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic