Cambodia International Film Festival kicks off

Have questions or resources regarding Khmer Culture? This forum is all about the Kingdom of Cambodia's culture. Khmer language, Cambodian weddings, French influence, Cambodian architecture, Cambodian politics, Khmer customs, etc? This is the place. Living in Cambodia can cause you to experience a whole new level of culture shock, so feel free to talk about all things related to the Khmer people, and their traditions. And if you want something in Khmer script translated into English, you will probably find what you need.
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Cambodia International Film Festival kicks off

Post by Soi Dog »

"Don't Think I've Forgotten", a movie about the "golden age" of Cambodian pop music looks particularly interesting.

So does "The Gate", about the fascinating true story of the only Westerner to survive his ordeal at S-21 and interactions with Duch.

phnompenhpost.com wrote:Festival turns the lens on local film talent
Sat, 6 December 2014

The fifth annual Cambodian International Film Festival features the largest-ever selection of films made in Cambodia – both foreign and local productions

Organised by the Cambodian Film Commission and Bophana Centre, this year’s Cambodian International Film Festival will bring 80 films to screens at six venues in the coming week. The big drawcards will be the Cambodian premiere of Kulikar Sotho’s debut film The Last Reel along with the first public screenings of the French-Cambodian production of The Gate, introducing much-hyped new Cambodian actor Phoeung Kompheak, and Don’t Think I’ve Forgotten, which documents Cambodia’s “golden age” of rock ‘n’ roll. The program also includes mini-festivals of South Korean cinema, French action flicks, contemporary Southeast Asian films and documentaries. All the films are free entry. For more information: cambodia-iff.com.

more..
http://phnompenhpost.com/post-weekend/f ... ilm-talent
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Cambodia International Film Festival kicks off

Post by General Mackevili »

I still need to find "The Gate" to download, thx.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Soi Dog wrote:So does "The Gate", about the fascinating true story of the only Westerner to survive his ordeal at S-21 and interactions with Duch.
Is that crazy barang holding a Bible?
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

General Mackevili wrote: Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:31 am I still need to find "The Gate" to download, thx.
forgot to post this
the whole movie got uploaded onto YouTube the other month (finally)
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic