Dispute Over Ban on Goat Killing ?

Provincial living: homesteading, farming, gardening, self-efficiency and animal husbandry.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Dispute Over Ban on Goat Killing ?

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

It was reported that there are disagreements among the Cambodian authorities on the subject of a potential ban on killing goats. This would affect the Cambodian Cham community, who traditionally eat more goats than the majority of Cambodians because they do not eat pork.
CEO News does not have more details for the moment, but it seems that there must be more to this story. If anyone has more information on this topic, please post.

September 20, 2021
VIDEO: PM’s anger over goat slaughter ban

Prime Minister HE has ordered Veng Sakhon, Minister of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries, to urgently clarify the issue of officials banning people from killing goats for food.
- Khmer Times
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Ahyou!whyme?
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Dispute Over Ban on Goat Killing ?

Post by Ahyou!whyme? »

Hopefully not design against Muslims, bearing in mind history of minority purges in the Kingdom.
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

Goats have rights too.
People of the world, spice up your life.
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Yobbo »

It's a special kind of stupidity that prevails when officials are elevated to their position through connections rather than ability!
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

Yobbo wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:01 am It's a special kind of stupidity that prevails when officials are elevated to their position through connections rather than ability!
It’s been that way for a long time.
Even getting a “low end” job (bank teller) requires a donation to someone. Doesn’t matter if you’ve passed your uni course just that you went.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

There's a dispute because some people have been slaughtering goats for commercial sale without observing the hygiene laws.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

mannanman wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:11 am It’s been that way for a long time.
Even getting a “low end” job (bank teller) requires a donation to someone. Doesn’t matter if you’ve passed your uni course just that you went.
From my personal experience I can tell you with Hatta Kaksekor and Prasac that's an urban myth.
blueman.cambodia
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by blueman.cambodia »

I can't get my head around this.
Is ok to home slaughter ducks, pigs and chickens and even the odd aging cow and sell or distribute locally.... But not goats ?
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

Kammekor wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:07 pm
From my personal experience I can tell you with Hatta Kaksekor and Prasac that's an urban myth.
Personal experience. Maybe not now but 2016 yes - if you went to a uni you could pay some cash and get a job. Obviously if you did ok you’d still get that job but don’t expect to be a manager unless you pay.
Thanks hat goes for any government job too - stupid fuck? No problem, your dad/aunt/cousin has said you’re a worthy individual. Welcome.

That’s $10k please. WELCOME!
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

mannanman wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:39 pm
Kammekor wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:07 pm
Personal experience. Maybe not now but 2016 yes - if you went to a uni you could pay some cash and get a job. Obviously if you did ok you’d still get that job but don’t expect to be a manager unless you pay.
Thanks hat goes for any government job too - stupid fuck? No problem, your dad/aunt/cousin has said you’re a worthy individual. Welcome.

That’s $10k please. WELCOME!
For the government jobs, confirmed.

For the private sector I can't confirm it but I have examples from loads of cases where people were employed without money asked.

So the picture of the Cambodian private sector commonly asking for money to be employed is not correct IMHO.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic