Plant Nurseries near/in kampot?

Provincial living: homesteading, farming, gardening, self-efficiency and animal husbandry.
Twiglet
Tourist
Great Britain

Plant Nurseries near/in kampot?

Post by Twiglet »

I'll be in kampot soon and I've had a look online already and can't find any. If anyone has recommendationa that would be great!

Twiglet
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Re: Plant Nurseries near/in kampot?

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Sorry no idea for Kampot.
But my general experience in Cambodia is that nurseries here are as bog standard boring as most suburban nurseries all over the world.
ie - The same approximately 3 and a half dozen varieties make up 85% of stock on sale in every nursery in world these days.

I have always dreamed of shopping for a small lorry load of strange and unusual plants at Bangkok's Chatuchak Plant and Flower Market - one of the best in Asia - and trucking them back over the border.

Good luck - Hunting for something different is always good fun anyway.
one_dolla
Expatriate

Post by one_dolla »

there is one on the Sihanoukville road if heading that way its on the right just after the first bridge in the road ...its a small bridge so go slow or you might miss it, No idea about the plants just noticed it cycling past
ned kelly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by ned kelly »

There are two on the Kampot/Kep road,only a few minutes from town. Both on the right hand side heading to Kep.
Twiglet
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by Twiglet »

Thaks for your replies, I'll be having a hunt around anyway 👍
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

There is a guy with a truckload of plants who is often parked on the road along the riverside in town. He seems to have quite a range.
Element6
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Element6 »

I don't know if it is still there, but if you cross the bridge and arrive at the roundabout, instead of taking the road to Bokor?Sihanoukville, take the next one on the left of that and there use to be a big nursery down there. I wasn't there for a couple of years so apologize if it is now gone
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

one_dolla wrote:there is one on the Sihanoukville road if heading that way its on the right just after the first bridge in the road ...its a small bridge so go slow or you might miss it, No idea about the plants just noticed it cycling past
Yeah that one is decent. There used to be one by the train track towards Phnom Penh which was my favourite but it closed down. Also one or two on the road to Kep, on the right.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic