Happy 4Th of July

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Happy 4Th of July

Post by Samouth »

Happy 4th of July

Hopefully you know why you celebrate 4Th of July, but this might be a really hard question for Richard.
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
Sailorman
Expatriate

Re: Happy 4Th of July

Post by Sailorman »

There are some of us that know our American history and served our country. Those same people have a high percentage that want a 2nd America revolution, be it armed like out fore fathers at Concord or through the voting process. One way or another, America is in for some interesting time in the near future.
table42
Expatriate

Post by table42 »

"Those same people have a high percentage that want a 2nd America revolution, be it armed..."

What is the source for this undisclosed number that constitutes"a high percentage" of disgruntled Americans? Another one of your skype calls? John Birch Society? So, please state a reputable source. I served too and know some but not many dissatisfied veterans, but none that advocate armed revolution.
I try not to let my mouth say nothin my mind can't stand. Louis "Satchmo" Armstrong. Or

I know nothing, I see nothing, in fact I'm not here right now.
Romanian source debriefed in West Berlin
franzjaeger
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by franzjaeger »

A bunch of potheads got rid of a bunch of royalists, and look what happened.
table42
Expatriate

Post by table42 »

"A bunch of potheads got rid of a bunch of royalists, and look what happened"

Brexit?
I try not to let my mouth say nothin my mind can't stand. Louis "Satchmo" Armstrong. Or

franzjaeger
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by franzjaeger »

I think the other way around there.
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

id like to see a war between a few fat civilians and angry veterans with one if the most advanced biggest fighting force in the world along with government agencys who know your every move allegedly.

itd last a good 30 mins.

sailorman is vocal for change but if it came to it youd only see the taillights of his truck as he runs and hides.
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
table42
Expatriate

Post by table42 »

Indeed SS, I raised the same point in a previous post. People trapped in a true believer syndrome are not infrequently self deluded into believing that they will prevail against all odds. What SM is suggesting is not only treasonous, but suicidal as well.

Gixxer
Expatriate

Post by Gixxer »

Most Africans were still slaves around that time..I'll never understand why so many black Americans or natives celebrate the 4th. But who doesn't love bbq?
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Happy birthday, land of my birth and still am proud to be an American ( will be prouder once we get a good goverment in)
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic